Observer Apex provides a centralized vantage point for performance monitoring and troubleshooting across all the Observer Platform. Begin at the Apex launch page with pre-engineered network, application, and unified communications (UC) workflows. Search by whatever variable or KPI is underperforming. Then, the predictive intelligence of Apex is designed to automatically narrow to the right workflow, and isolate root cause in three steps (or less).
Combining IT operational metrics that span the largest IT environments, Apex delivers an out-of-box experience like no other network performance monitoring and diagnostics (NPMD) solution on the market. You get the actionable data you need to maintain comprehensive IT service awareness or rapidly troubleshoot without anything more than a single search input.
Feature and Benefit Summary:
- Easy-to-use interface and streamlined dashboard creation minimizes training time and maximizes ROI
- Simple, intuitive launch page provides for anytime, anywhere visibility and troubleshooting
- Out-of-the-box workflows deliver actionable insight into network, application, and UC performance to reduce finger pointing – in three steps or less
- True filter-to-resolution analysis reveals root cause with intelligent, contextual insight
- Accelerated dashboard and performance reporting with optimized hardware and metadata collection aggregates critical information for faster resolution
- Browser-based access to network conversations through advanced trace extraction makes sharing critical packet-level data simple, maximizing team collaboration
- Custom dashboard builder enables logical, aggregated, user-defined views into service delivery health and status
- Baselining and reporting tools help visualize long-term trends and historical perspectives of any monitored KPI
- Flexible solution integration takes the hassle out of sharing data with complementary IT functions, like event management and security threat mitigation
Apex and the Observer Platform family of products are also ideally suited for satisfying business goals and overcoming challenges across the entire IT enterprise lifecycle - whether deploying new technologies, managing current resources, solving service anomalies, or optimizing IT asset usage.
Here are several examples:
- Benchmark Technologies: Access long-term historical traffic so that IT teams can determine that overall performance objectives can be met
- Service Delivery: Track lines of business and applications end-to end to validate internal service level agreements and app availability
- Ensuring User Experience: Isolate problem domain, identify root cause, and fix issue
- Network Consumption: Easily breakout traffic types and usage patterns so that link utilization can be tuned for optimal performance
Apex takes the guess work out of troubleshooting service delivery anomalies. From the launch page, users can search by end user, network, application, or service-specific variable to gain an instant, context-based path to problem resolution. With this single-user search input, Apex will intelligently assess the request and provide the most probable path to resolution whether network, application, or UC in origin. From here, users are guided to the root cause in three steps or less.
In-Depth Performance Intelligence
Apex provides detailed information on network, application, and UC health and status. View individual network conversations, application transactions, or VoIP/video sessions along with all relevant operational metrics to determine the root cause of the anomaly and exactly which user or services were negatively impacted.
Application and Transaction Intelligence
Apex offers application dependency mapping (ADM), which automates discovery of app interdependencies, building maps that visualize these complex relationships with simplified clarity. It provides critical information for locating issues and migrating applications to new environments. Improved transaction reporting and enhanced end-user web visibility are also functionalities of Apex.
Use advanced behavioral analysis and baselining to set benchmarks for any performance or time-based metric, such as application response time, VoIP, MOS, or network utilization. Analyze the unique characteristics of your environment to quickly determine if application delivery and performance are at satisfactory levels and if important KPIs are trending acceptably over time to maintain this into the future.
User-Defined Dashboards and Reports
Beyond out-of-the-box workflows, Apex provides users the ability to construct real-time dashboards with multiple different and easy-to-configure widgets including status indicators, bar and line graphs, baselines, and tables.
Borderless Service Collaboration
Third-party integration and multi-domain reporting are simplified with Apex, including the ability to share web-based trace extraction from GigaStor—ideal for augmenting real-time security solutions. Share and manage performance data with complementary IT functions like event management or service orchestration. All Apex data and functionality can be accessed, controlled, or modified externally in an automated fashion.
Observer Apex is a stand-alone appliance that simultaneously collects and aggregates data from GigaStor, Analyzer, and Probes.
Apex fully integrates high-level monitoring with pre-engineered intelligent workflows for rapid troubleshooting of network, application, and UC. It also facilitates third-party integration of complementary solutions including the ability to provide web-based trace extraction of network conversations.
How it's Deployed
As a key component of the Observer Platform, Apex collects metadata from multiple devices deployed across the network, including Analyzers (Expert Edition and Suite), GigaStor appliances, and Probes. The data is aggregated and analyzed to provide integrated views of network, application, and UC health across the entire organization. Apex can also leverage GigaStor Trace Extraction for packet level details into network conversations. Apex enterprise version is available as a 2U appliance or in software versions for installation.
- Deploy Apex in a central location within reach of Analyzers, GigaStors, and Probes on your network. Monitoring instrumentation points will depend on network size, configuration, and visibility requirements.
- Utilize redundant Apex capabilities with two duplicate systems; a primary and a secondary for automated replication, facilitating redundancy.
- Server configuration is straightforward as Apex has its own web server, which starts automatically when the system boots
Out-of-the-box workflows deliver actionable insight into network, application, and UC performance to reduce finger pointing – in three steps or less. Begin at the Apex launch page with its pre-engineered application, network, and UC workflows designed to identify the source of network slowdowns, anomalous traffic, or service degradation, while providing performance analytics.
The Apex dashboard speeds troubleshooting with an enhanced search functionality. Search by whatever variables or KPIs you believe are underperforming or degrading service delivery. Apex will use contextual intelligence to automatically narrow to one of the pre-defined workflows, guiding you in three steps or less to resolution.
Web-Based Trace Extraction
Browser-based access to network conversations through advanced trace extraction makes sharing critical packet-level data simple, maximizing team collaboration. Complement any third-party IT solution with critical network conversations from real-time security threat detection to help ticket offerings—multiplying the effectiveness of their value to the business.
Streamlined Dashboard Creation
Easy-to-use interface and streamlined dashboard creation minimizes training time and maximizes ROI. Building custom dashboards for logical, aggregated, user-defined views into service delivery health and status has never been so easy.
Accelerated Dashboard and Reporting
Accelerated dashboard and performance reporting with optimized hardware and metadata collection aggregates critical information for faster resolution.
Observer Apex can be deployed as a stand-alone hardware unit or is also available in a software version. It is part of the larger Observer Platform offering and is typically the centralized, aggregated monitoring point for Analyzer, GigaStor, and probe products.
Custom built, fault-tolerant 2U rack form factor
2U 19-inch rack-mountable appliance
19 in (W) x 26.01 in (mounting depth)
64 lbs (handling)
71 lbs (mounted)
Input Voltage: 100V-240V auto select
Input Frequency: 50/60Hz
370W (1263 Btu/h)
Manage, monitor and control the probe remotely through an intuitive web-based IPMI (Intelligent Platform Management Interface) v2.0 port.
If you are installing Apex on your own hardware or a virtual machine, please see the following link for minimum, recommended, and optimal system requirements.