To reduce costs and improve workforce efficiency, managers are challenged to find individual tools that either perform multiple functions or cover more of the network. Viavi’s workflow optimization field solutions have been developed to reduce the number of tools in use.
Choose a single field tool to test:
- Fiber, Ethernet, OTDR, COSA, and CPRI
- 100G line and client side fiber, and CD/PMD characterization
- RF over Coax, RF over CPRI, RF over the air, and fiber
Another way to maximize technician efficiency is to make the solutions smarter, improving productivity and reducing the need for higher-skilled personnel. Each Viavi field solution includes cloud-based asset management, including cloud enablement of tester function and configuration. These features enable much easier and faster sharing of results across teams. And, automated workflows and pass/fail criteria helps to speed up test execution times.
The Viavi optimization and assurance system toolkit uniquely provides individual tools suitable for use across multiple technologies and use cases, including:
- Single RAN optimization tools covering a wide range of RAN (HetNet) technologies
- Single service assurance tools able to integrate data from third party sources providing end-to-end network visibility
- Single Ethernet-assurance tools with a broad set of test end-points providing coverage of service activation, performance monitoring and fault management use cases
- Single fiber-assurance tools that provide visibility across all types of network configurations/applications
Viavi is also regularly introducing new measurement innovations to make service assurance solutions smarter. Recent examples include:
- New traffic-processing methodologies that enable service-assurance tool costs to scale at a lower rate than the supported network traffic volumes
- The ability to monitor the performance of live Ethernet traffic, reducing the number of engineering dispatch-to-find cases