The Multiple Application Platform (MAP-200) Passive Utility Module, mUTL-C1, is designed to simplify the mechanical integration of passive optical components into large automated test systems. A range of passive devices are available including single-mode and multimode optical couplers, Mux/Demux modules for 40G and 100G Ethernet, a quad wavelength filter for shaping ASE spectrum as well as a bulkhead-adapters only module for mechanical mounting of user supplied components. All modules are available with any of six optical connectors types.
- Mechanically robust integration of fiber optic couplers, splitters and mux/demux components into larger integrated test environments
- Compact design with 12 bulkhead connectors enables packaging of up to four 3-port couplers
- Bulkhead only versions available for mounting user supplied components
- Single-mode or multimode component options.
- Multimode components are modally transparent
- Ideal for individual lane testing on WDM signals on next generation Ethernet optical formats like 100GE
- Photonic communication test automation
- In-line tapping of signals for power and spectrum measurements
- Power reference branches for passive component test
- Splitting signals for parallel test applications