Viavi 8100-Series OTDR EVO family includes the “8100A”, “8100B”, the “8100C”, and the "8100D" modules for any singlemode or multimode OTDR application and test scenario from very short to ultra-long distances.
The optical performances of the 8100-Series OTDR modules combined with the complete suite of T-BERD/MTS platforms testing features ensure that any testing job is done right the first time.
- Industry leading dead zone performance which allows full characterization of element events on a fiber link 2 meters apart (EVO family)
- Combines OTDR, power meter and continuous light source for added testing flexibility (singlemode wavelengths)
- Avoids the risk of live signal interference or damage to the optical transmitter when performing an OTDR test with instantaneous automatic traffic detection
- Eliminates OTDR interpretation errors with Smart Link Mapper (SLM) without compromising on test time
- Access, Metro, Long Haul and Ultra Long Haul fiber network characterization
- Tier 2 certification of enterprise and data center networks
- Advanced qualification and troubleshooting of FTTH/PON networks.
- Core fiber network upgrade to 40 and 100Gb/s
- Fiber Monitoring in and out-of-service
- Up to 50 dB dynamic range and 256,000 acquisition points
- ≤ 65 cm Event Dead Zone and 2.5m Attenuation Dead Zone
- Integrated CW light source and broadband power meter on OTDR port (singlemode wavelengths)
- Built-in encircle flux multimode source compliant with IEC 61280-1-4 and TIA-526-14-B
- PON optimized to test up to 1x128 splitter type
- Combined singlemode/multimode version
- Single-/Dual-/Tri-wavelength versions with 1310, 1490,1550,1625, and 1650nm
- Single connector port for 1310, 1550 and in-service1650nm wavelength
- Available in FiberComplete version for automated bi-directional OTDR, IL and ORL measurements