The VIAVI Compact Photonic Tools offer a new portfolio of point solutions for fiber optic test applications.
The cFPL-A1 provides a compact, intuitive laser source designed to enable applications ranging from simple continuity verification and insertion loss testing to integration into process automation equipment designed for robotic alignment.
Available in two or three laser versions with the option to select from four key wavelengths: 1310, 1490, 1550, and 1625 nm. The integrated multiplexer and single optical output found in the cFPL greatly simplifies the optical connections and calibrations. To compensate for downstram wavelength-dependent loss, each wavelength can be individually controlled and attenuated up to 7 dB with 0.01 dB resolution.
A simple, intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) and keypad minimizes training requirements. A universal serial bus (USB) interface may be used for test automation interfacing to a PC. While connected by USB, the cFPL-A1 does not require an additional mains connection, reducing cord tangle. The unit comes equipped with internal battery backup for quick measurements around the lab or for use during power outages.
- Provides four keys FTTx wavelengths (1310, 1490, 1550, and 1625 nm)
- Combines two or three lasers onto a single output
- Adjustable output power
- Selectable continuous wave or modulated output power
- Serves as a basic light source for laboratory use
- Performs insertion loss testing of passive optical components
- Performs insertion loss testing of optical connectors and cables
- Provides light sources for automated alignment stations