VIAVI Introduces VSA RF-100 Probe for Faster, More Powerful Video, MPEG, and DOCSIS Monitoring and Analysis
Proactively identify and resolve problems with the greatest impact on customer experience in a fraction of the time
October 13, 2015 — VIAVI Solutions™ today announced the VSA RF-100 probe for RF forward-path analysis including video, MPEG, and DOCSIS. Deployed in hub sites and headends, it integrates both RF and MPEG analysis to quickly identify and troubleshoot customer-affecting issues down to the individual program level. The probe provides remote monitoring, analysis, and troubleshooting to the field, headend, and network operations center (NOC) without the delay and expense of deploying a specialist to the physical hub location.
Simply viewing QAM with a spectrum analyzer, or measuring and monitoring MER and BER on QAM carriers, provides limited insight into MPEG video transport streams. It is critical for cable network operators to have system-wide visibility into underlying content, including the MPEG protocol layer, to ensure the highest quality of programming content.
The RF-100 lets operators:
- Proactively identify and resolve problems with the greatest customer experience impact in a fraction of the time
- Increase network availability using notification of forward-path degradation before service is disrupted
- Intelligently filter alarms based on severity
Key Performance Benefits
- Deep MER capabilities — 44dB
- Fast scan times — RF power and MER on a 120 channel lineup in less than a minute
- Live in-depth troubleshooting
- Digital quality index (DQI) to identify intermittent problems
Monitor RF video and downstream DOCSIS assurance; monitor MPEG, both DVB and ATSC for TR 101-290 compliance; and, remotely troubleshoot via Web-based access to live and historical RF and MPEG measurements.