The Path to a Fiber-Rich Future Webinar Series: Part 6
Time: 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM PDT
All network construction starts with high fiber count cables. Keeping track of all the fibers and ensuring good connections and splices is critical to building your network. In this webinar, we will look at the issues that arise when building new plant, branching off old plant and how to ensure you have good end to end continuity, and meet your power goals, documentation and mapping goals for fiber cable construction. What’s more, many fiber network owners are using their PON networks to branch off and offer additional P2P services for businesses and wireless providers. Multiple wavelength regimes will exist within the same plant for different services.
Webinar highlights will include:
- Introduction to the vulnerabilities and process risks all cable construction teams need to avoid.
- Using a high port density OTDR test head, you can accelerate testing and save hundreds of man hours and make MOP up much easier so you can close out your job quickly.
- Cable identification life hacks: Using a fiber temperature sensing technique you can identify the right cable to work on and avoid taking down traffic on the wrong cable when working in adjacent plant.
- Reporting is a critical part of closing out the job. Learn how to simplify this task and convert leads to cash faster.
The Path to a Fiber-Rich Future webinar series
Whether your focus is cable, fiber, wireless or mobile/5G, VIAVI has solutions and tools to get you ready for this transition. Each of the webinars below target network vulnerabilities and demonstrate how proper testing procedures can help you eliminate problems quickly and efficiently. Learn from the VIAVI experts as they share best practices and lessons learned from specific deployment use cases.
- DWDM in Access Networks
- Fiber in 5G
- Need for Speed - Get Ready for New Technologies
- Access Network Transition from DSL DOCSIS to Deeper Fiber
- Improving Tech Efficiency
- Fiber Construction for Outside Plant