The OTU-5000 Optical Test Unit combines optical time-domain reflectometry (OTDR) and optical-switch technology to provide continuous OTDR monitoring of multiple fibers anywhere in the network. A single OTU-5000 unit monitoring 72 fibers of 100km and more occupies only 1RU. Learn more about OTDR Testing and Fiber Testing.
The OTU-5000 works with the VIAVI ONMSi solution to help automate and improve the monitoring of your network performance.
VIAVI is the worldwide leader in OTDR manufacturing and Optical Network Monitoring, receiving the coveted Frost & Sullivan Fiber Optics Test Equipment Market Leader Award for fiber-optic test equipment six years in a row.
- Ensure continuously good service at construction, service activation and beyond
- Anticipate service disruptions by detecting fiber degradation before it affects service.
- Reduce MTTR by locating fiber optic faults in minutes instead of hours
- Reduce operational costs by eliminating multiple erroneous dispatches
- Protect investments by monitoring long-term fiber performance
- Reduce construction costs by accelerating test processes and empowering test staff
- Protect network integrity and security by detecting and locating fiber intrusion
- Fiber monitoring for service providers, utilities, and dark-fiber providers
- FTTx construction, provisioning, and maintenance tests
- Fiber-tapping detection for critical applications
- Infrastructure monitoring (manholes, cabinet, etc)
- Switch scalability up to 1080 ports
- Web-browser access
- Advanced fault location
- E-mail notifications
- Small size: 72 ports in 1RU
- Dual power feeds
- Solid-state disk
- Low power consumption
- LAN-based firmware downloads
Part of The VIAVI Remote PHY Solution
This product is part of the comprehensive VIAVI Remote PHY turn-up and maintenance solution enabling seamless transitions from legacy to distributed access architectures.