The rapid, dynamic adaptation and coordination of Radio Access Networks (RAN) will require more accurate synchronization from one generation to the next. VIAVI Solutions’ Timing Extension Module (TEM) helps network operators maintain precise synchronization which results in an excellent Customer Experience.
Together with the T-BERD/MTS-5800, the field-optimized TEM delivers industry-leading accuracy to field portable timing and synchronization measurements. It features a modern 72 channel GNSS antenna input and an extremely accurate Rubidium based miniature atomic clock (MAC) to ensure nanosecond-precise measurements even when a satellite signal is not present and the module is running in holdover.
With a T-BERD/MTS-5800 and TEM combination, you can:
- Perform one-way delay measurements that help you root out asymmetric network delays
- Conduct field PTP Time Error measurements that allow you to confirm the stability and accuracy of your PTP Boundary Clocks
- Precisely measure PTP PDV to pre-qualify or troubleshoot non-PTP-aware networks
- Qualify GNSS antenna installations by evaluating satellite signal strength and eliminating antenna faults
- Troubleshoot the accuracy of equipment 1 PPS output signals with 1 PPS wander analysis
- Measure T1 and E1 jitter and wander
- Excellent Customer Experience; tightly synchronized wireless networks result in fewer dropped calls, and improved subscriber speeds.
- Convenience; with its compact design, the TEM is an extension to the T-BERD/MTS 5800 multi-protocol tester which eliminates the need to carry a second test set for synchronization
- Accuracy; long-term nanosecond accuracy even when operating in holdover with exceptional satellite reception
- Verifies Ethernet and IP one-way delay network latency
- Confirms frequency, phase, and time synchronization with near-lab grade accuracy in the field
- Proves out GNSS antenna installations and faults
- Supports multiple GNSS constellations including GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, SBAS, and QZSS
- Enable fast and accurate satellite acquisition with a modern 72 channel GNSS receiver
- Supports multiple 1 PPS and 10 Mhz inputs and disciplined outputs
- Performs 1588v2 (PTP) measurements including nanosecond-accurate PDV and time measurements
- PTP grand master (PRTC) emulation
- Nanosecond accurate one-way delay 1/10 GE measurements