Back to the Future with Observer
Where were you when…?
Where was your organization when you initially implemented the Observer GigaStor solution? We bet your network looked quite different than it does today, and it will inevitably look different in the future.
Does your current Observer solution keep up?
No End in Sight for Growing Traffic Volumes
Source: Cisco Systems 2019
Your IT traffic loads have probably experienced similar increases with more expected going forward. This has real-world implications for visibility into performance and possible security threats.
Networks Have Changed, and So Have We
Since your Observer GigaStor Gen2 purchase several years ago VIAVI has made a ton of improvements.
Save on Space
Efficiency in the data center is critical – get more computing punch within a smaller footprint, improved power efficiency, and future expandability without a forklift upgrade.
With greater storage power in less than ½ the space organizations can save thousands in operational costs. According to Gartner* a tier 3 data center cost per rack is nearly $100,000.
*Cappuccio, David Estimating Requirements and Costs of Data Center Build Projects. : Gartner, 2018. Print. G00304831
See Farther, Longer
Network speeds and bandwidth utilization have a direct impact on the amount of network traffic recording time you can access for visibility and troubleshooting. Today’s Observer can provide over a petabyte of storage capacity ensuring no matter the network speeds or saturation – you have the data you need – all within a significantly smaller footprint.
The Need for Speed
In order to satisfy the demands of today’s users, organizations must future-proof their networks.
According to research from Cisco, since 2016 east-west traffic has doubled – from 5,143 exabytes to 10,362 exabytes today. Fortunately, VIAVI continues to keep pace with the market - doubling write-to-disk performance from 20 Gbps to 40 Gbps.
Observer is the only packet capture solution to be 3rd party verified to capture at over 40 Gbps without dropping a single packet.
Download the Tolly Report to see our test results
Observer GigaStor and More
Available in a variety of capacities, interface speeds, and form-factors to address your unique business needs today’s GigaStor offers even more distinct advantages over your current appliances:
- Enhanced support and services options including qualifying onsite support (vs ship-in) reducing outage windows, eliminating un-racking and re-racking efforts and costs
- AES-256 data-at-rest encryption protects sensitive customer information and ensures regulatory data privacy compliance
- Integrated Observer portfolio offerings:
- Observer Apex aggregates wire data into easily consumable information such as end-user experience scoring with instant awareness into the health of every transaction.
- Observer GigaFlow intelligently stitches traditional flow, SNMP, user identity, and session syslog data into an enriched flow record. This isn’t “traditional” flow, this is leveraging your network infrastructure as a comprehensive monitoring fabric.
For a limited time* we are offering up to a 40% trade-in discount to bring you up to speed, and prepare you for future growth.
Contact your account manager for additional program details.
*Offer valid between Sept. 3 – Dec. 15 2019. In order to qualify for this promotion discount, the product owner is required to send a letter indicating they’ve decommissioned and responsibly disposed of old equipment.