The powerful Traffic Generator extends the capabilities of the Xgig Analysis and Test Platform to create network traffic at line rate to stress test equipment during development and in-network. Both GUI- and API-based interfaces allow users to control test equipment from simple direct commands to even the most complex regression tests automatically, making the Generator useful across a range of development, device bring-up, debugging, manufacturing verification, and in-field troubleshooting of equipment. The Generator’s advanced capabilities not only accelerate equipment development and troubleshooting, they also maximize tool investment.
- Generates arbitrary traffic for SAS, SATA, STP, and SMP protocol traffic
- 100% traffic verification at line rate with hardware-based compare circuitry
- Supports large-scale networks with industry’s highest port density
- Generates cost savings through support of concurrent users
- Comprehensively tests equipment limitations
- Accelerates development and troubleshooting through full automation
- Minimizes capital investment through scalable licensing
The Xgig Generator is a licensable option for Xgig multifunction blades. It may be used in conjunction with the Xgig Analyzer and other licensable functions to trigger the analyzer and receive arming signals.