Security Weekly Podcasts
Identify and Resolve Security Threats
with High-Fidelity Wire Data
Today organizations have become increasingly reliant on AI and machine-learning tools in breach detection efforts, yet as evidenced by recent attacks, hackers are sophisticated enough to know how to fly under the radar. Once connected they can linger for long periods of time allowing them to extract the information they desire unnoticed. In order to stay a step ahead, IT needs to focus in on subtle network behaviors through proactive threat hunting and investigative approaches.
SecOps & NetOps Team Up
Security teams could benefit from teaming up with their NetOps counterparts for shared data and to leverage insights from the team who is often first to observe subtle baseline deviations.
Listen and learn how VIAVI is addressing security incidents with proactive insight for real-time detection coupled with full-fidelity wire-data forensics for fast and complete incident response.
Ready to see Observer in action?
Enterprise Security Weekly: Threat Detection - The Network Scavenger Hunt
There’s an abundance of potential data sources that can be found within your network. Where should you look? Which data sources offer unique perspectives and value? How can you use these data sources to speed threat identification, understand scope and impact, and aide in remediation steps to minimize impact? This segment includes a brief demonstration of how commonly available data sources can be effectively leveraged by SecOps and NetOps teams.
Enterprise Security Weekly: Threat Hunting
In this episode we dive into threat hunting techniques and how it can play a critical role in detection strategies - identifying subtle attacks that can subvert common AI and machine learning tools. Charles Thompson from VIAVI Solutions joins to discuss to talk about how to identify bad actors on your network, how to visualize what they are attempting to access, and who's communicating back.
Enterprise Security Weekly: Importance of Remediation
In this episode we dive into the recent high-profile network attacks that have the need for more robust network security strategies, specifically tools that analyze actual network conversations and monitor supporting infrastructure to strengthen existing threat prevention tools.
Charles Thompson is the Senior Director of Product Management at VIAVI. Charles will discuss the importance of response and remediation in a strong security strategy and the role wire-data plays in having the forensic detail needed to identify a breach, understand scope of impact, and confirm restoration of network performance to pre-incident baseline.
Security Weekly: Hack Naked News
In today’s episode we get expert commentary from Charles Thompson, Senior Director of Product Management to talk about security investigations and forensics. The attackers must be right only once. It’s not a question of if a security vulnerability will hit an organization, but when.
VIAVI has a substantial portfolio of products, but today’s episode focuses on the Observer family- including Apex, GigaStor, and GigaFlow - for NPM and security use cases.
What can IT do to prepare themselves for the unexpected?
Security success that goes beyond preventative measures comes down to ensuring access, visualization, and understanding of complete wire-data across the enterprise. Yet only 7% of organizations are using both packet and flow-based datasets due to the complexity of effectively stitching the data together into a unified, high-value dataset.
VIAVI’s Observer platform is the bridge between NetOps and SecOps, providing a single unified data set that captures and stores the most robust wire data available for issue identification and remediation. This pure, unaltered packet and flow data is analyzed to present views across the entire IT landscape with simple end-user experience scoring as well as threat alert features. Teams can use automated workflows to dive into high-fidelity network evidence and solve the root-cause of the issue – minimizing impact on users and business operations. Request a demo today
Take a new approach to security with:
- Advanced Traffic Profiling - identify anomalous activity and monitor acceptable use through traffic profiling of every host and device. Characterize traffic by type, usage, application, and communication activity. Profiles are maintained in real time and then stored with all future network traffic evaluated against past behavior.
- Security Forensics and Reconstruction – Observer acts as an eyewitness to every network conversation, offering intuitive dashboards with summary information of every transaction over time. It also maintains ready access to individual packets for extended back-in-time investigations of suspicious activity. As a part of an investigation process, traffic can be quickly filtered and shared with third-party security and analysis tools.
- Global Threat ID with Scope and Impact - search by MAC address, IP address, subnet to quickly assess whether devices or applications are exhibiting aberrant behavior.
- Video: IT Security Spends – Enterprises Dedicate 50x More Budget To Prevention than Investigation
- On-Demand Webinar: 4 Gaps to Fix in Your Security Detection and Response
- Video: VIAVI Tech Field Day Presentation
- Study: 2019 State of the Network: NetOps and SecOps Converge
- Report: NetFlow vs Packets
- Analyst Report: Tolly Testing of GigaStor 40 Gb Capture Performance
- E-Book: End-User Experience