- Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:00-12:00pm New York/ 4:00-5:00pm London
Telecom network operators are introducing network function virtualization (NFV), driven by promises of lower costs and increased service flexibility. However, NFV will not deliver its maximum value without NFV-capable assurance tools that support automated orchestration (ie. network self-configuration). This webinar will explain what changes are necessary and why.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- An operator evolution model for introducing NFV.
- The need for assurance tools to manage virtualized networks and why this need is greater than for physical networks.
- The “operational” role played by assurance tools in maximizing the value of automated orchestration (ie. self-configuring) virtualized networks.
- A TMF Catalyst project, sponsored by AT&T, targeting demonstration of the required performance metrics and analytics required to make good (for business) NFV re-configuration decisions.