May 23, 2018 — VIAVI introduces its all in one FiberComplete module for its T-BERD/MTS-2000, -4000, -4000 V2, -5800, and -5800-100G platforms.. It’s a tough balancing act to weigh the time needed to certify fiber during deployment versus the risk of poor or delayed service turn-up or early life service failures. Too much of either increases costs (OpEx) and reduces profits. However, today’s service providers require comprehensive fiber certification to ensure that service delivery is reliable, quick and efficient. And contractors don’t want extra site visits for retesting because that takes money out of their own pockets.
To address this balance, VIAVI developed a compact, lightweight unit that cuts certification time in half. FiberComplete delivers increased automation, reduced test time, and fewer fiber inspect-and-reconnects. FiberComplete is a high-speed, automated solution for bi-directional fiber certification, incorporating easy-to-read results and automatic report generation, for practically any type of fiber deployment.
Features and Benefits
- Single test port – One connection, no extra inspection & connection cycles
- One-touch automated measurements – bi-dir IL, ORL & OTDR certification < 3 minutes
- Optimized workflow – compiles test results into one complete view of the cable and automatically stores measurements
- Fewer mistakes and retests – full config/setup and data exchange between units, step-by-step wizard to reference initial IL/ORL tests
- Flexible options for remote field tech support and coaching – Smart Access Anywhere (SAA)
- Lowest TCO – 3-year standard warranty, only one module to calibrate/service
FiberComplete certification time for a full suite of bi-directional IL, ORL and OTDR testing plus on-board PDF report generation is down to around 2 minutes 40 seconds. This compares to over six minutes for other vendors.
VIAVI is the worldwide leader in OTDR manufacturing and has been awarded the coveted Frost & Sullivan Fiber Optics Test Equipment Market Leader Award for fiber-optic test equipment six years in a row.
For more information on FiberComplete, visit our website or contact your local VIAVI representative.