June 16, 2015 — Fiber is penetrating deeper into access networks, requiring flexible test solutions that quickly qualify installations and detect impairments. And, ensuring installations are correct—with records of workmanship—is a challenge with large installer or maintenance groups.
That’s why JDSU developed the new SmartOTDR handheld fiber tester. It is an affordable, easy-to-use device for techs at any level, with robust wireless connectivity options that increase productivity anywhere.
SmartOTDR benefits contractors and service providers working in fiber fronthaul, backhaul, and access networks. SmartOTDR:
- Integrates all essential fiber test requirements in a single device with options for OTDR measurement, fiber end-face analysis, optical loss testing, and visual fault location
- Ensures fast and easy measurements with one touch operation, automatic analysis, and a tailored OTDR user interface for different skill levels
- Provides cloud-based connectivity features that can empower assets and manage data from anywhere in the network
- Optimizes field operations with a light, ultra-compact, hands-free design and extended battery life (up to 20 hours)
- Reduces cost of ownership with a standard three-year warranty
Use Case — Test data, configuration, and asset management are the top three improvement priorities for service providers, and effective strategies require migration to the cloud. SmartOTDR provides cloud storage capability as well as a one-year trial of cloud-based StrataSync™ for asset, configuration, and test-data management, driving optimum workflow efficiency.
JDSU, the worldwide leader in OTDR manufacturing for more than 30 years, offers a full range of fiber inspection and cleaning solutions, portable test instruments, and monitoring systems. Let us meet all of your fiber optic network needs, from installation and provisioning to maintenance and service assurance.