Are you putting fiber first?
Fiber is becoming increasingly critical to delivering gigabit speeds to the masses.
Fiber to the Home (FTTH)
The last 3 years have shown record growth in fiber connections to the home and the pace is only going to accelerate.
In order to provide gigabit internet to the masses, fiber is getting closer to the home as service providers push fiber deep into the network. For an increasing number of cases, service providers are adopting full Fiber to the Home (FTTH) solutions to reach new customers and meet increasing demand. PON standards used in these FTTH environments are also evolving to meet those capacity demands, services are migrating from G-PON (gigabit PON) to XGS PON (10 Gigabit symmetrical PON), and looking toward NG-PON2. All these services have to coexist on the same network, which is why fiber network testing is so critical.
Download this poster for an excellent guide to Optical Time Domain Reflectometry (OTDR). Learn what OTDR measures and how to configure OTDR settings.
This document sets the test requirements for qualifying the fiber portion of a fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) network prior to equipment installation and turn-up.
- Video: Light Reading: Perspective on Fiber Trends in Communications Networks
- White Paper: Challenges in Next-Gen PON Deployment
- Get Fiber Smart
- BTR’s 2016 Diamond Technology Reviews
- SmartOTDR: The Essential Fiber Test Tool
- Fiber Inspection Probe Microscopes Brochure
- Troubleshooting Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH)
- OLP-88 PON Tester
- OMK-34, 35, 36 Optical Test Kits
- FFL-050 / FFL-100 Visual Fault Locator
- FiberChek Probe
- FiberChek Sidewinder
- StrataSync Asset Management
- SmartOTDR Fiber Tester
- OTDR 4100 Series Modules
- P5000i Microscope
- T-BERD/MTS 2000
- Smart Link Mapper
- MP-60/-80 Power Meters
- Multi-Fiber MPO Switch Module for T-BERD/MTS-4000 Platform