Time: 10:00 am New York / 3:00 pm London
Enhanced mobile broadband, massive machine-type communications, and ultra-reliable and ultra-low latency communications are the primary use cases that define 5G. While most of the industry focuses on 5G NR, the transport network has a critical role to play in 5G by providing the fronthaul, midhaul, and backhaul infrastructure – collectively known as “xhaul” – that will enable these new use cases and applications economically and at scale.
In this special, multi-sponsored Light Reading webinar, top 5G experts from Ericsson, Fujitsu, Juniper, and VIAVI Solutions will discuss exactly what operators need to do to architect, build/upgrade, and maintain their xhaul transport networks to support massive 5G deployments – including the roles of fiber, DWDM, microwave, switching/routing, and network testing.
Topics addressed in the webinar will include:
- Operator bandwidth requirements in fronthaul, midhaul, and backhaul segments and the impacts on the transport network
- Why and how should operators implement network slicing in their transport networks?
- Transport and synchronization SLAs and network testing methods
- WDM-based fronthaul versus Ethernet-based fronthaul
- The impact of open operation in the RAN via the ORAN Alliance
Find more resources on our 5G Testing and Fronthaul pages.