有了 Observer 平台，最大好处是能够较快获得专家分析。捕获在持续运行，因此我们可以随时分析，而不必安装额外设备。
Whether your network stretches across the building or the globe, Observer Probes cover your edge and remote network sites with advanced analysis technologies. Running on hosts provided by the user, they aggregate information across network sites near and far — extending your reach without sacrificing monitoring integrity. Observer Probes monitor network activity across multiple topologies with robust intelligence and a menu of rich features. Use these tools for troubleshooting, proactive monitoring, long-term data collection, network forensics, and more.
As enterprise networks continue growing, Probes provide performance management support for multiple departments, locations, business functions and remote users. This robust remote monitoring solution when used with a console, gives IT managers and engineers the power to proactively monitor, troubleshoot, and respond to network problems from any location. Probes offer deep insights and 360 degrees of visibility into every element of an organization’s business-critical IT infrastructure.
- Gain insight and visibility into the entire network
- Manage remote networks as easily as local
- Aggregate information across sites for global health
- Get support for the following topologies:
- Gigabit, 10 Gb, and 40 Gb
- Wireless (802.11 a/b/g/n)
Use Probes as a part of the Observer Platform to get the following features and more
Use an Observer Probe with Observer Analyzer and Observer Apex to deploy features that quickly help troubleshoot and resolve issues across the entire IT enterprise lifecycle. Observer Probe, hosted on your VM or appliance runs Probe Instance Software, providing enterprise-wide views of network and application traffic. There’s no added time or expense involved in traveling to remote sites when a problem occurs – see everything you need from your desktop.
Observer Probes are part of the Observer Performance Management Platform. They work with Observer Analyzer for analysis and Apex for high-level performance visibility.
- Probes work with Analyzer to provide Distributed Analysis which includes: App Performance Analysis, App Transaction Analysis, comparison analysis, traffic flows, visibility into other environments, and more.
- Paired with Analyzer, Probes also provide detailed information across multiple segments, multiple locations, and across heterogeneous environments.
- Probes provide remote visibility when used with Apex, a data source for the high-level reporting environment.
- Drill down from Apex into Probes provides root-cause analysis for problem resolution.
Observer Probe placement is critical. Failure to deploy the right probes in the right place can result in network blind spots, leading to inefficient troubleshooting and expensive mistakes. It's also essential to place Probes in high-traffic areas to capture the data you need.
Since a Probe only shows the analysis data it can see, where to deploy Probes depends on your network's architecture and where visibility is needed. If you want 100 percent coverage, install TAPs on all the high-speed critical links in or near the core of your network, and plug Probes into the SPAN/mirror ports of switches on the edge.
When sharing files or filters between Probes, updating Probes, and for Probe authentication, use a Probe management tool like Observer Management Server, a centralized Probe management system for enterprise networks.
提供的选件和产品功能令人惊叹。我们使用 Observer 解决问题的速度比我们拥有的任何其他分析软件都快。
我发现 Observer 平台在诊断应用程序和网络问题方面是非常宝贵的工具。