Con la plataforma Observer, lo mejor es tener la posibilidad de acceder a un análisis especializado relativamente rápido. Las capturas se realizan constantemente, de modo que podemos obtener análisis en cualquier momento sin tener que instalar equipos adicionales.
Apex is the first performance monitoring solution to generate an end-user experience (EUE) score on every transaction. Apex offers adaptability and visibility via multiple data sources: packets, metadata, enriched flow, and active monitoring. Organizations select those that fit their budgets, operational demands, and business needs.
Apex provides global IT service health and status awareness. When service anomalies do arise or potential security breaches are detected, efficient workflows empower NetOps, DevOps, and SecOps groups to uncover root cause and fix it, fast.
Check out real-world troubleshooting workflows of Observer in action with these demos
Apex Features and Benefits Summary
- Machine learning powered automated EUE scoring converts multiple KPIs into a single easy-to-understand metric
- Flexible data source options via GigaStor, GigaFlow, and GigaTest: packets, metadata, enriched flow, and active test offers the right view for every stakeholder from network engineer to line of business owner
- Customizable dashboards for global operational intelligence with efficient workflows enable fast problem identification and resolution for NetOps, SecOps, and DevOps
- Integrated, hybrid IT observability for cloud and on-premises hosted services with available synthetic (active) testing offers proactive service assurance of remote users and SaaS performance health
- On-demand application dependency mapping enables immediate multi-tier application visibility with no configuration required
- Integrated performance management and forensics for fast service anomaly and rapid cybersecurity breach response
- Flexible deployment options from purpose-built appliances for the datacenter to Amazon Machine Images (AMI) for simple, efficient cloud deployments
GigaTest™, available as an option on Apex makes adding the power of active test simple. With GigaTest, the patented end-user experience score has become even more accurate, factoring service delivery of cloud-hosted applications into the results. It delivers proactive test analytics and performance visibility for the applications you use every day whether on-premises or in the cloud as well as wherever users are located. IT staff get a single, global view of hybrid network health with deep visibility and actionable insights into their IT services independent of user or hosting location.
Once GigaTest is enabled and activated, Apex does the work of combining active test data with that provided by GigaStor packet and GigaStor M metadata for enhanced EUE scoring. Check out the demo to see this in action. Service visibility can be further strengthened with GigaFlow enriched flow—all this as the demos show within the context of the existing dashboards and workflows.
Apex + GigaTest Features and Benefits Summary
Integrating packet-level with active test data, delivers comprehensive end-to-end network monitoring coverage. IT teams can confidently answer questions such as:
- Which specific domain is being impacted, can the issue be isolated to the network, application, server, or client?
- Is there a problem affecting a single site or multiple sites?
- Is there a problem affecting access to a SaaS application by users? Is it the SaaS provider or a problem on our side, whether on-premises or remote user?
User-Defined Dashboard F.A.Q.
What is a Network Performance Dashboard?
A network performance dashboard is a report populated with widgets, and these widgets show the information collected by your data sources.
To start building your network performance dashboard with Observer Apex:
End-User Experience ScoringMachine learning powered end-user experience (EUE) scoring for every network transaction with intelligently rolled-up values at the dashboard site level. Scores are color-coded and range from 0 to 10 with corresponding problem domain highlighted. Integrated with troubleshooting workflows and dashboards. Extend packet based EUE analysis with GigaTest active testing to include SaaS and remote users to further empower engineers to quickly identify, prioritize, and solve service issues.
Custom Dashboards and Streamlined Workflows
Customizable dashboards provide network observability of IT service health at the regional, country, city, data center levels, or functional level. When combined with end user experience scoring, IT teams can gain instant world-wide situational awareness of all resources and then, when required quickly drill down to an individual user for rapid problem resolution. Receive complimentary dashboard assistance by contacting VIAVI here by a technical specialist. Be sure to enter “Complimentary Dashboards” in the comments box.
On-Demand Multi-Tier Application Intelligence
On-demand application dependency mapping offers fast discovery of app interdependencies. Maps are built automatically to display complex relationships with simple clarity. This allows users to determine worst connections, app tiers, and network delay threshold deviations, while sorting all connections by status; critical, marginal, and acceptable.
Network Security Forensics
Not every performance issue can be solved without going back-in-time to analyze the underlying root cause of the problem. Likewise, given the never-ending series of cybersecurity breach announcements worldwide, it’s clear even the most robust IT security defense strategy with solutions such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, and SIEMs are necessary but no longer enough to protect critical resources—especially the organization’s crown jewels. That’s why Apex provides network forensics based on traffic and enriched flow to provide in-depth visibility past network activity.
Intuitive Visualizations with IP Viewer
By compiling Layer 2 to Layer 3 insights into a single enriched flow record, Observer can produce unique, interactive visualizations that illustrate the relationships between User, IP, MAC, and application usage in the network. A NetOps or SecOps user can simply enter a name enter in a username and immediately find all devices, interfaces, and applications associated with it. Finding out what is connected and who is communicating across your network has never been easier.
Apex Integrates with ServiceNow Platform
The ServiceNow and VIAVI strategic relationship continues to grow. Apex can now provide in-depth network observability via End-User Experience scoring to existing ServiceNow Information Technology Operations Management (ITOM) and Telecommunications Service Operations Management (TSOM) customers. Utilizing the Observer ApexNow application available from the ServiceNow store, organizations can leverage a powerful new data source combined with the ServiceNow Platform analytics and automation capabilities to achieve tangible business value:
- Enhance their event and incident management and IT operations automation initiatives
- Boost AIOps intelligence for streamlined incident response and event reduction “noise” efforts
- Accelerate network and application problem troubleshooting and resolution
The combination of ServiceNow and VIAVI delivers on these objectives within the context of easy-to-configure dashboards and simple problem resolution workflows that increase IT user satisfaction and accelerate IT operational enhancements. Look for additional releases of ApexNow in the coming months that will build on this effort and add even more value to your ServiceNow investment.
Apex Available as an Amazon Machine Image (AMI)
Apex can now be procured on the Amazon Marketplace website as an AMI for simple, efficient cloud deployment.
Apex Now Available with GigaTest Active TestObserver Apex, is now available with GigaTest, built-in active test functionality that augments packet level analysis and enriched and enhanced flow insight. With GigaTest, the patented End-User Experience score has become even more accurate, now factoring service delivery of cloud-hosted applications into the score. It delivers proactive test analytics and performance visibility for the applications you use every day whether on-premises or in the cloud as well as wherever users are located. IT staff get a single, global view of hybrid network health with deep visibility and actionable insights into their IT services from the remote user, on-premises, to SaaS cloud-based apps.
Observer Apex collects and aggregates data from Observer GigaStor, Observer GigaStor M, Observer GigaFlow, and when enabled within Apex, Observer GigaTest active test data to achieve enterprise-wide network observability and security visibility for NetOps and SecOps teams. By intelligently combining packet information, enriched flow records, and active test data, Apex delivers centralized management of end-user experience scoring, performance, and cybersecurity intelligence.
As the centralizing reporting point for Observer 3D, Apex provides flexible, customizable real-time dashboards and long-term historical reporting based on end-user experience (EUE) scoring. Data can be aggregated from packet, enhanced and enriched flow, and active test
Apex Deployment Considerations:
- Deploy Apex in locations that maximize the opportunity to simplify connectivity with support components
- Monitoring instrumentation points depend on network size, configuration, and visibility requirements
- Utilize redundant Apex capabilities with two duplicate systems: a primary and a secondary for automated replication, facilitating redundancy
Available GigaTest Deployment Considerations:
Active testing eliminates blind spots and complements packet data. Select from three different agents to work alongside your packet capture to provide complete network visibility. Mix and match agents depending on where your visibility gaps exist:
- Windows Agent - for Windows-based server or workstation user devices
- Virtual Agent - available for most popular VM environments
- Raspberry Pi Image -for use on Raspberry Pi hardware within any on-premises enterprise environment
- Once your agents are deployed, add the GigaTest functionality to your Apex to process the metadata created by the agents-it's that simple and you are up and running.
ObserverONEThe all-in-one VIAVI solution that enables IT teams to gain the powerful security and performance insights of the entire Observer 3D platform. This upgradable appliance combines Apex end-user experience scoring with GigaStor industry leading packet capture and GigaFlow enriched flow analysis, offering great network observability at a modest price point and minimal footprint
Estudios de casos
Documentos técnicos y bibliografía
Whether it's a quick initial setup or a comprehensive on-site implementation and configuration, Observer Platform Consulting options are designed to ensure that you get the most out of your Performance Management Solutions.
Experienced and informed personnel are a key asset to any organization. As technology advances, so must the competence levels of the IT professionals managing these important resources.
Learn the functionality and features of VIAVI Solutions' products online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Acquire networking fundamentals using VIAVI Solutions products like Observer GigaStor and Observer Analyzer.
Customized training offers tailored class options that cover the material you need online, at your work site, or a combination of the two.
Comunicados de prensa
Apariciones en prensa
Las opciones disponibles y el potencial del producto son impresionantes. Hemos solucionado más problemas y de forma más rápida con Observer que con ningún otro software de análisis de los que hemos tenido.
La plataforma Observer es una herramienta indispensable a la hora de diagnosticar los problemas tanto de aplicaciones como de redes