The FVD-series digital fiber microscope is used to inspect the polished surface or cleaved ends of fiber optic connectors. This high-resolution bench-top inspection microscope is ideally suited for post-polish inspection of high-quality end faces and can repeatedly detect scratches that may be missed by human technicians, delivering the level of sensitivity long sought in the industry. The FVD requires a connector adapter and PC to supply power to the unit through the USB 2.0 port. FiberChekPRO is an advanced application that determines the acceptability of optical fiber end faces through automated inspection and analysis. It identifies and characterizes defects and contamination and determines their location relative to the fiber core. It then provides a PASS or FAIL result according to a pre-configured failure criteria setting.
- Inspect and analyze patch cords and jumper cables in manufacturing and quality assurance environments
- Automatically capture and analyze fiber end face images, and obtain a PASS/FAIL result according to preconfigured criteria
- Standardize fiber inspection and analysis process
- Determines acceptability of fiber end faces by utilizing an advanced automated inspection and analysis software
- Ensures consistent results by removing human subjectivity from fiber inspection and grading
- Identifies and characterizes each defect and contamination particle, and determines their location relative to the fiber core
- Archives results and images as HTML or PDF formats and generates integrated reports
- Plugs directly into PC/laptop via USB 2.0 connection
- Produces clear detailed view of fiber end face conditions with high-resolution camera and coaxial illumination
- FiberChekPRO pre-programmed with International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) acceptance criteria standards for single-mode and multimode connectors.