The 7100 Digital Radio Test Set is an innovative software defined test platform designed to enable testing of multiple wireless technologies throughout all layers of the protocol stack. Released to support the design and development of LTE mobile devices it provides all the tools required during the design, development and test stages of UE chip sets and terminals meeting 3GPP Rel-8 to Rel-11 standards. All the key measurements are provided for characterizing the performance of LTE mobile devices, both at the radio interface and throughout the protocol stack, including the PDCP and IMS layers.
With the 7100s Call Box mode, end-to-end performance can be accurately assessed, along with correct idle mode and connected mode behavior. The flexibility of the platform combined with an intuitive touch screen GUI establishes the 7100 as the platform of choice for futurewireless test technology.
The 7100 protocol stack has been designed to allow testing to build up in a logical fashion. Using Development mode testing is possible at each sub-layer, eg MAC-to-MAC, RLC-to-RLC etc, in the absence of the above layers. The 7100 Digital Radio Test Set has been adopted by RF developers, protocol stack teams, integration test groups and pre-conformance labs that are developing sub-systems and integrated designs that meet the requirements of the LTE standards. Data throughput can be fully characterised in Cat 4 (150 Mbps), and LTE-Advanced Cat 6 (300 Mbps) devices using 2 carriers and Cat 9 (450 Mbps) devices using 3 carriers. These teams benefit from the ease of use, comprehensive test capability, speed and low cost of ownership offered by the 7100.
- LTE FDD and TDD signaling network emulation
- Protocol Development, Call Box and Service modes of operation
- 6 GHz frequency range, covering all LTE spectrum allocations and bandwidths
- Protocol logging and analysis
- Multi-cell and Inter-RAT handover support
- Multi-RAT testing: LTE, eHRPD, 1xRTT, GERAN, HSPA and TD-SCDMA
- Functional testing
- End-to-end IP packet data test
- Integrated Fading/AWGN option
- MIMO 2x2 and 4x2, Open Loop, Closed Loop and Transmit Diversity