The VIAVI range of OTDR deliver the most comprehensive range of fiber testers for essential fiber optic test for install, maintenance and troubleshooting. Supported by multiple mainframes/platforms covering singlemode and multimode applications they deliver everything from basic fiber certification with automated bi-directional OTDR testing with simple pass/fail information enabling field technicians to rapidly, reliably, and cost-effectively install, turn up, and troubleshoot any optical network architecture.
- Combines OTDR, power meter and continuous light source for added testing flexibility
- Performs accurate PON networks troubleshooting with dedicated wavelengths for in-service troubleshooting
- Avoids the risk of live signal interference or damage to the optical transmitter when performing OTDR test with instantaneous automatic traffic detection
- Construction, commissioning and troubleshooting of Metro and Long-Haul networks
- Tier-2 certification and maintenance of Enterprise and Data Center networks
- Characterization and troubleshooting of FTTA fiber cables (macro cell towers, wireless backhauls, distributed antenna systems and cloud radio access)
- Qualification and troubleshooting of FTTH-PON networks (fiber distribution and drop cables verification and test through splitters)