The TestPoint 10Gbps Module supports a comprehensive set of rates and protocols in the 10 Gbps range. Protocols that can be tested include 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GigE)—local/wide area network (LAN/WAN) and synchronous optical network/synchronous digital hierarchy (SONET/SDH) bit error rate test (BERT), which provides pseudorandom bit sequence (PRBS) into STS-192c/VC-4-64c. Also offered are licensed options for 10 Gigabit Fibre Channel (GFC), generic frame procedure (GFP), and Cisco high level data link control (HDLC). The GFP license offers both Framed GFP (GFP-F) mapped directly into OTU2 and GFP mapped into STS-192c/VC-4-64c.
In addition, a hardware option provides digital wrapper and forward error correction (FEC) support at the following rates: G.709 ODU2 (10.037 Gbps), OTU2 (10.709 Gbps), 11.049 Gbps FEC, 11.095 Gbps FEC, 11.270 Gbps FEC, and 11.317 Gbps FEC. The default configuration uses a 10 Gigabit small form-factor (SFF) pluggable module (XFP) optical interface or fixed optics for stressed receiver sensitivity (SRS) testing.
The 10 Gbps module can be inserted into multiple scalable chassis options, including the highly compact TS-10 configuration. Additional highlights of the 10 Gbps module include a strong focus on lower-layer testing and an RFC 2544 test suite for 10 GigE and 10 GFC.
- Tests all 10 G related rates on one module – 10 GigE LAN and WAN, 10 G Fibre Channel
- Comprehensively supports OTN-related rates – ODU2, OTU2, 11.049G, 11.095G, 11.270G, and 11.317G
- Maps GFP-F directly into OTU2 and SONET/SDH (STS-192C/VC-4-64c)
- Runs framed and unframed PRBS at all supported rates
- Captures, edits, and plays back 64B/66B PCS and MAC traffic
- Generates 128 unique traffic streams (MAC/Stacked VLAN, MPLS, IPv4, IPv6, TCP, and UDP)
- Adds Stressed Receiver Sensitivity (SRS) Testing capability