JDSU Unveils Real-Time Intelligence and Analytics Solutions at Mobile World Congress 2015
Milpitas, Calif., March 2, 2015 -- JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU) announced today a series of mobile-carrier portfolio enhancements designed to support flawless subscriber experiences through improved service delivery, performance monitoring and troubleshooting across the network.
JDSU will be exhibiting its mobile test solutions and offering perspective on virtualization and the state of LTE deployments, among other major themes, during Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, March 2-5, Stand I37, Hall 6. New solutions include:
- Real-Time Ethernet Network Performance Monitoring. JDSU is introducing the industry’s first scalable, real-time performance monitoring and problem segmentation solution for Ethernet networks. Previously, service providers monitored network performance problems using “synthetic” traffic that may or may not represent the issues experienced by live customer traffic. Enabled by PacketPortal and recently selected by a major global mobile operator, JDSU’s live-traffic-based performance monitoring solution uses intelligent SFP’s to give the real-time intelligence necessary to improve network quality.
- Video Service Assurance (VSA). JDSU is upgrading its Video Service Assurance (VSA) product line, creating the industry’s only software-based solution that monitors operators’ video services end-to-end from the video source to the end device as part of a multi-service assurance solution. The JDSU VSA solution monitors the quality of operator-hosted video streamed to mobile devices and can proactively identify and resolve video problems having the greatest impact on service. It is SDN/NFV-ready and can run on off-the-shelf, virtual machines.
- Wireless Test Solution Enhancements. Designed for service providers, network equipment manufacturers (NEMs) and contractors to navigate the growth in LTE deployments and services, including small cells and distributed antenna systems (DAS), JDSU is introducing:
- CapacityAdvisor 9400 – Created for the NEM and operator lab environments, this solution can reduce time-to-market for LTE networks and services by up to 80% by quickly replicating advanced real-world service models in the smallest footprint and most scalable LTE test system.
- RAN-IL (Interference Location) – Supporting LTE cell site turn-up and optimization, RAN-IL significantly reduces the cost of ‘interference hunting’ by integrating intelligence from JDSU’s ariesoGEO platform to reveal localized areas of potential interference. Together with the CellAdvisor solution it quickly guides the field technician to resolve service-affecting issues fast.
- RAN-PI (Performance Indicator) – A work force efficiency solution that reduces the complexities of LTE cell site optimization tasks and speeds up maintenance. By correlating data from RANAdvisor TrueSite - which provides insight on user experience as well as cell site performance - issues can be resolved in a fraction of the time.
- JDSU is also providing the latest developments from xSIGHT, its real-time intelligence and analytics platform, including recent adoption by service providers to optimize 4G/LTE service quality and industry trials to accelerate NFV (network function virtualization) deployment.
- JDSU will be presenting at the Small Cells Forum, “Bulletproof Deployment and Management of Small Cells,” on Tuesday, March 3, at 3:30pm at Hall 7 Stand F61.
JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU) innovates and collaborates with customers to build and operate the highest-performing and highest-value networks in the world. Our diverse technology portfolio also fights counterfeiting and enables high-powered commercial lasers for a range of applications. Learn more about JDSU at www.jdsu.com and follow us on LinkedIn, JDSU Perspectives,Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.