40 Gbps is the next natural data rate to become commercially deployed. Along with it the 43 Gbps OTN technology with its long-reach advantages becomes of interest for manufacturers and carriers.
As packet-based services (VoIP, IPTV and direct Ethernet access) are tremendously growing, there is an urgent need for cost-effective Ethernet transportation. A strong trend points to a combination of advantages of packet-based with circiuit-based technologies. All major operators view 10GigE as the key enabling technology in today's market and are implementing LAN/WAN in combination with OTN.
- First portable 40/43G (SDH/SONET/OTN) and jitter/wander test solution.
- Combination of multiple technologies and multiple ports for fast and flexible testing.
- Selection of plug-in instrument modules for SDH/SONET, PDH/DSn, OTN, EoS, Jitter, and Ethernet testing.
- High accuracy jitter testing with high measurement margin allows for reproducible XFP/SFP qualification.
- Preventing measurement gaps by analyzing 1000 channels in parallel of SDH/SONET systems.
- Real multi-user behavior leverages the mainframe investment.
- 40/43G Jitter/Wander - Supports verification of 40G SDH/SONET and 43G OTU-3 network elements. It includes evaluation of physical layer, including jitter and wander, and conformance testing of the transport layer.
- High-accuracy Jitter/Wander - Allows for jitter and wander generation and high accuracy analysis of signals from 155 Mbps up to 10.7 Gbps.
- ONT Module-E 10G LAN/WAN/OTN - Addresses the need of board and system testing of LAN and WAN systems and is mapped into OTN overclocked.
- OTN G.709 - Provides full functionality for system verification of 2.7, 10.7, and 43 Gbps equipment.
- OTN overclocked - Complete testing of a 10GigE client in OTN 11.05/11.1G and 10G FC Layer 1 in OTN 11.27/11.32G.
- MultiChannel SDH/SONET - Simultaneous testing of all 1000 channels of a 2.5 Gbps signal at STM-16/OC-48 or STM-64/OC-192 interfaces.
- NewGen EoS - Allows for evaluation of SONET/SDH signals up to 10 Gbps, including Virtual Concatenation, LCAS emulation, GFP, and Ethernet MAC traffic.
- Ethernet - Enables generation and analysis of Ethernet traffic on electrical 10/100/1000M and optical GigE interfaces and allows for interworking with NewGen EoS.
- High coverage with 6-slot, multi-port mainframe.
- Independent use of modules speeds up testing.
- Easy integration into automated environments with Tcl/Tk and LabWindows libraries, multi-user access, and Linux operating systems.
- Portable with large, color, touch screen and easy-to-use GUI.