The VIAVI Small Channel Count Switch Module (SW) series is used for incorporating customized test assemblies and specialized applications operating multiple source measurement instruments, such as optical spectrum analyzers, wavelength meters, and power meters. This high performance switch is suitable for system trial applications where monitoring, testing and routing are required. Other applications include sensing, calibration, reference, research and development (R&D).
In operation, the switch connects the optical channels by redirecting the optical signal into a selected output fiber. This action is achieved using optical prisms driven by a high-precision non-latching mechanism and activated by electrical control signal. Switching can be done by applying either a direct electrical or TTL control. The SW series of switch is available in both single-mode (SM) and multimode (MM).
The use of collimating optics minimizes the insertion loss (IL) and improves the repeatability and stability of the optical parameters. The switch is optically passive and, therefore, is transparent to signalling formats. Configurations can be optimized for bi-directional performance as a factory option.
- 1 x 1, 1 x 2 and 2 by-pass modes
- Compact size
- Low IL
- High return loss (RL)
- Direct or TTL control of switching
- High repeatability over a broad range of environmental conditions
- Available in SM and MM
- Incorporation into customized switch assemblies required for test and measurement applications
- Network monitoring and testing
- Sensor switching
- Source/detection selection
- Complies to CE requirements plus UL3101-1 and CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 1010.1