The Adaptive FTH-9000 combines high resolution optical time-domain reflectometry (OTDR) and optical-switch technology to provide remote test certification of fiber under test during construction or service activation, and continuous assurance through OTDR monitoring of multiple fibers anywhere in the network. A single FTH-9000 can test over 4000 fibers. There are many internal and external switch options and the distance tested depends or the OTDR module selected. Choose from the industries greatest breadth of OTDR options from CWDM, Tuneable DWDM, DTSS and DTS options.
The Adaptive Fiber Test Head (FTH), FTH-9000 lies at the heart of the VIAVI ONMSi RFTS solution optical network management system. A single FTH-9000 with a high-resolution OTDR can test one critical link or scale to cover thousands of fiber links using an optical-switch to expand link coverage as your network grows. Test either dark or active, lit fibers without disrupting traffic. When a fiber fault occurs, the ONMSi system or the standalone FTH reports the GPS location of the fault within minutes. This adaptive, racked FTH is ideal for Access PON or Distributed Access Architecture networks as well as metro rings, data center interconnects, and long-haul networks utilizing xWDM wavelength plans. FTH-9000 unit is also compatible with VIAVI Fiber Sensing applications for measuring strain and temperature using a single-mode fiber as sensor.
Simplify PON lifecycle management: As part of an ONMSi system, the FTH-9000 accelerates FTTH construction certification, service deployment, and troubleshooting and assurance. It can sectionalize the network to determine the cause of a fault or identify optical budget problems. Trend network health changes over time to monetize valuable links and assure service.
Enhance network security: Detect and locate fiber tapping with extreme precision down to tenths of a decibel of loss.
Deploy fiber sensing applications: Transform a fiber into a sensor, creating thousands of strain and temperature data collection points distributed along the fiber using Raman and Brillouin OTDR modules.
VIAVI is the worldwide leader in OTDR manufacturing and Optical Network Monitoring, receiving the coveted Frost & Sullivan Fiber Optics Test Equipment Market Leader Award for fiber-optic test equipment six years in a row.
- Configure your FTH to your network with a variety of switches, port connection types, OTDRs and software applications
- Reduce construction costs by accelerating test processes and empowering test staff
- Reduce MTTR by locating fiber optic faults in minutes instead of hours
- Reduce operational costs by eliminating erroneous dispatches to the wrong location through accurate, remote location
- Avoid service disruptions by detecting fiber degradation before it affects service
- Protect your investment by measuring the long-term performance KPIs of your deployed fibers (IL, slope, strain, etc.)
- Protect network integrity by quickly detecting and locating fiber intrusion
- Fiber monitoring for service providers, utilities, and dark-fiber providers
- FTTx construction, provisioning, and maintenance tests
- Fiber-tapping detection for security assurance
- Fiber sensing applications (fiber aging, pipeline, power, etc.)
- Modular design assuring backward compatibility with existing ONMSi platform elements and with new OTDR modules, including new ultra-high resolution, tunable DWDM and fiber sensing OTDRs
- High density, extensible switch (576p) with Pay as You Grow model
- Scalable up to 4464 ports using additional external switches
- Dual IP communication channels (main and backup), plus an additional local LAN access
- Secured Web-browser access
- 2RU high with dual power feeds (front and rear panel) with power failure indicator and alarm, low power consumption
- Different fan solutions (front, side, extractable)
- Expandable by adding additional option board
- Ruggedized LINUX Operating System
- Implement as a plug and play standalone monitoring tool or in a network wide ONMSi centralized management system
The FTH-9000 is deployed as a rack mounted OTDR and switching combination and can scale from 1 fiber to over 4000 per FTH. It is controlled remotely with automatic routines and test on demand via a mobile app or desktop portal. The FTH is plug and play and can be a stand alone point to point tester, or part of the network wide ONMSi system.