The Medusa Labs Test Tool (MLTT) Suite is the industry’s leading application-based data- and signal-integrity testing solution for companies developing servers, switches, host bus adapters (HBAs), PCIe Interfaces, converged network adapters (CNAs), and other storage equipment for next-generation converged storage networks.
Facilitate design validation, accelerate system bring-up, and simplify quality assurance testing with the MLTT suite for the most comprehensive set of data integrity, benchmarking, and stress-test tools. The MLTT test tools can help uncover and identify data-corruption errors, undesirable device and system data-pattern sensitivities, input/output (I/O) timeouts, I/O losses, and system lockup scenarios. These MLTT capabilities enable development of higher-quality products in less time to reach the market faster. MLTT provides a stable test environment with superior performance using as little CPU overhead as possible. Devices under test (DUT) can run at their optimal rates, giving developers complete—and accurate—visibility into a system’s performance.
Offering advanced storage and TCP application tests, MLTT is a unique commercial analysis and benchmarking tool to support unified storage area network (SAN) and local area network (LAN) applications. Flexible configuration control lets testers create test cases that can simulate TCP applications such as file server, Exchange server, HTTP, Oracle and SIP. MLTT is the ideal tool for combining LAN and SAN tests for next-generation converged-data-center networking.
Solid-State Device (SSD) and NVMe Enhanced Testing
SSD and NVMe devices can present special challenges to qualification and performance testing. Because SSDs tend to start out with a higher level of performance and level out over time, MLTT has a configurable "steady state" detection feature that ensures a stable level of performance prior to benchmark testing. MLTT also includes several erase methods for ATA-, SCSI-, and NVMe-attached devices that can return these devices to a known, factory-fresh state prior to testing.
- Provides precise storage I/O and TCP or UDP generation with full traffic flexibility and control
- Accelerates Xgig® root-cause analysis through automatic triggering and advanced tracking of anomalies and errors
- Enables auto-discovery of devices and automation of all remote testing and validation processes across complex network topologies
- Simplifies unified SAN and LAN testing for converged networks supporting server-to-storage, server-to-server, client-to-client, and server-to-client configurations
- Accelerates design validation, system bring-up, and quality-assurance testing of storage equipment including servers, switches, HBAs, and CNAs
- Supports SSD, NVMe, All-Flash-Arrays (AFA) and other emerging standards for leading-edge equipment design
- Supports write journaling to allow for data verification after unexpected failure of initiator or targets
- Configurable compression and deduplication data pattern
- Stress-tests systems to identify, locate, and resolve system impairments before a product is released to market
- Helps develop higher-quality products and reach the market faster using comprehensive benchmarking, data integrity, and stress-test tools to uncover and eliminate a wide range of data corruption, lockup, and sensitivity issues
- Tests across hundreds of remote clients and servers from a single GUI
- Tests virtual machines to determine virtualization impact on server performance