The FIREBERD 8000 combines the success of two highly successful test platforms - the FIREBERD 6000A and the TestPad. As a datacom analysis module for the TestPad, the portable, battery-powered FIREBERD 8000 completes a winning combination in size, flexibility, and test capability.
- Easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI) maximizes navigation ability and test efficiency.
- Native datacom interfaces for EIA-530, RS-449 (422 and 423), RS-232, X.21, V.35, and V.36 serial interfaces.
- Government standards support for MIL-188C and MIL-188-114.
- Field-friendly interface module slot supports conditioned diphase module and expandability to new technologies.
- Synchronous/asynchronous and DTE/DCE modes of operation.
- A full suite of BER patterns with data rate support up to 18 Mbps.
- Verify end-to-end connectivity - Isolate problems to a specific direction by analyzing the performance of an entire digital link in both directions.
- Timing analysis - Detect timing problems stemming from propagation delay or incorrectly timed network elements.
- DTE and DCE emulation - Test head-to-head with a variety of synchronous and asynchronous datacom network elements.
- Quality of Service (QoS) Testing - Standardize test metrics with a variety of results measurements, including Round Trip Delay, G.821, and Pattern Slips analysis.
- Internal, recovered, and external clock capability.
- Clock recovery option enables clock recovery from receive data lead.
- Virtual breakout box provides a visual representation of activity on data, clock, and signal leads.
- Remote operation and results storage.
- Normal, inverted, or auto clock edge selections.
- In-band and out-of-band flow control.