Advanced System Sweep
The ONX/SCU system meets the needs of current and evolving networks, with the sweep frequency range extended to 1,218 MHz forward, 204 MHz reverse. The platform is compatible with existing VIAVI sweep equipment (SDA-55xx, DSAM) offering smooth, seamless integration, and transition to the next generation.
A space-conserving 1RU Sweep Control Unit (SCU-1800) with 16 switchable return sweep ports means less combining is required, leading to improved noise performance, and sweep receivers can be consolidated to conserve cost. The sweep control unit is remotely or locally configurable and the interface is accessible via Ethernet/Internet/Intranet and browser. Improved pulse generation performance provides a pure, clean RF sweep signal with narrower pulses enabling insertion between carriers.
- DOCSIS 3.1 Capable
- Smaller footprint in headend/hub site
- Can be configured remotely
- Compatible with existing VIAVI sweep gear minimizing learning curve and maximizing life of field gear during transition
- Conserves rack space, enabling transition to new technology with less real estate
- Remotely (and locally) configurable, making changes simpler and quicker
- DOCSIS 3.1 frequency range – 1,218 MHz forward, 204 MHz reverse
- 1 RU and up to 16 switchable return sweep ports per unit
- Configuration interface is accessible via Ethernet/Internet/Intranet and browser