This product has been discontinued.
VIAVI still provides software options, accessories, and customer service/support.
Please contact your sales rep for more information.
The 3515ARM (Airborne Radio Maintenance) Test System consists of the widely deployed 3515AR Radio Test Set, a rugged transit case as well as custom cabling, accessories and adapters for connection to antenna coax, radios and auto system.
It is capable of testing other radio systems, such as tactical radios, ground radio systems and commercial radios and it includes a VSWR script for rotary aircraft.
- Tests aircraft radio systems, including the receiver/transmitter, antenna, coax cables and audio intercom operation
- Capable of performing over-the-air (OTA) test, direct connect test, coax test and antenna test
- Allows settings and results to be stored and retrieved later for historical or statistical analysis
- Saves time and money – reduces “No Fault Found”. Over-the-air testing can be done in minutes.
- Replaces multiple test instruments with a compact, portable system
- Simplified operation and repeatable operation using automated test programs
- Capable of testing various radio models, from HF through UHF, AM and FM
Isolate failures in the radio, antenna, or cable in minutes
- Stand-off tests of tactical radios from 2 MHz to 1 GHz frequency range
- Isolates failures in nearly any platform’s radio, antenna, or cable
- Runs tests in minutes without removing or disconnecting the radio
- Measures high power —20 watts without an external attenuator, up to 200 watts with an external attenuator provided
- Minimal personnel training
Rugged, portable, battery powered
- Portable—weighs approximately 8 lbs with battery
- Long-lasting battery—5 hours of operation and recharge in 4 hours
- Rugged—meets MIL-PRF-28800F for humidity, altitude, shock, and vibration
- Weatherproof case with operating range of -20° to +50°C
- AM/FM transmitter tests
- RF power
- RF frequency error
- AM modulation/FM deviation
- Audio frequency counter
- Receive Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI)
- AM/FM receiver tests
- DCS generator
- Antenna/cable tests
- Distance to fault
- Return loss
- Cable loss
- Talk Test (using handset and antenna)
Repair and Calibration
Our products live in rugged environments for over 10 years with 1000s of test connect/disconnect cycles. We will be there to support you to ensure components that require maintenance like connectors, batteries, and software updates to ensure you are ready to test accurately for years to come. We apply factory procedures that use fast, automated calibration and functional verification, maintenance using OEM parts and the application of all engineering change orders and software updates. Services are available through contract Care plans, FleetCare or per incident as requests.
Top 4 Reasons to Choose VIAVI for Your Repair and Calibration Needs:
- Minimize business disruption
- Measurement Accuracy and Product Reliability
- Measurement Compliance, TL9000 certification and OEM Standards