VIAVI have just released updated software for the SmartOTDR, T-BERD/MTS-2000, -4000 V2, -5800 V2, -6000A V2 and -8000 V2. These latest software versions include test options and feature enhancements to enable network tests at new speeds and with new capabilities that make testing faster and more efficient. The releases include a number of usability enhancements, these are the main new functional additions:
DWDM OTDR module for T-BERD/MTS-2000 V2, -4000 V2, -5800, -6000A V2, 8000 V2, CellAdvisor 5G and OneAdvisor-800 platforms
- Automatically identify the operational channel/wavelength of a MUX/DeMUX port and complete an OTDR test for the link. Ideal for checks/certification prior to link turn-up and troubleshooting situations where a port is faulty or labelling is incorrect, unreadable or missing. Eliminates guesses about port wavelength and knock on effect of installing the wrong SFP or configuring an SFP incorrectly and the impact to link turn-up time.
DWDM and CWDM OTDR modules for T-BERD/MTS-2000 V2, -4000 V2, -5800, -6000A V2, 8000 V2, CellAdvisor 5G and OneAdvisor-800 platforms
- SFP protect
- Ensures that an DWDM transceiver is not damaged by the OTDR testing process, ideal for checks/certification prior to link turn-up and troubleshooting applications where an SPF transceiver may still be connected at the far end of a link. Allows centralized test while eliminating the risk of accidental SFP damage, cost of replacement and turn-up/repair delays.
TestPRO for SmartOTDR and T-BERD/MTS-2000 V2
- Bi-dir OTDR and Loopback test function
- Allows bi-directional testing with a single OTDR from single location
- Enables testing of two fibers at the same time using a loopback device
- Most cost-effective solution for bi-dir testing/certification in access networks
TestPRO & FiberComplete for T-BERD/MTS-4000 V2
- Automatic bidirectional test for MPO/ribbon cable
- Allows testing of 12 MPO connected fibers going from a central office to different customer locations without having to return to the central office to change port/fiber connections
- Sequence all 12 x fibers of an MPO/ribbon cable to automatically perform bidirectional IL/ORL, length and bidirectional OTDR.
Test Process Automation for SmartOTDR, T-BERD/MTS-2000 V2, and -4000 V2
- Job Manager
- Job Manager function – improves the testing and reporting workflow while minimizing the chance of tests being omitted and driving tech/contractor compliance - allows the import of a predefined job list and associated testing tasks (e.g. inspection, OTDR, or continuity check) and bundling of all test results into a single job numbered folder with a one button click summary report generation and one button click upload to StrataSync
- Job Manager web tool to create job lists for deployment via StrataSync or SmartAccess Anywhere (SAA) or USB transfer
- Job list format compatible across SmartOTDR, T-BERD/MTS-2000, -4000 V2, -5800, ONA-800 platforms – single application for managing job assignment across multiple platforms for multiple test applications
- Mobile Tech app integration
- Push upload of results from instruments in the field direct to StrataSync for immediate availability
- Add images and GPS data to results
Just use StrataSync to push the new software directly to your test instruments or use the links below to upgrade manually here:
- T-BERD/MTS-2000 V1
- T-BERD/MTS-2000 V2 (serial number EBAKxxxxx)
- T-BERD/MTS-4000 V2
- T-BERD/MTS-5800 V2
- T-BERD/MTS-6000A V2
- T-BERD/MTS-8000 V2
Please send an e-mail to TAC or contact your local Viavi Solutions sales representative for more information about these newly released features.
The VIAVI Solutions Team