Command the Network: VIAVI Solidifies Fiber Leadership with Testing Solutions for High-Speed Networks from Lab and Production to the Field
San Jose, Calif., March 4, 2020 – Viavi Solutions Inc. (VIAVI) (NASDAQ: VIAV) today unveiled a range of products and services engineered to simplify and accelerate high-speed network test across all phases of the production lifecycle from product design, validation and manufacturing, to fiber optic monitoring and inspection.
With these new offerings, VIAVI further enhances the industry’s most complete portfolio of test and measurement solutions for testing tomorrow’s networks in today’s lab, production and manufacturing environments, including 800G transmission and next-generation protocol testing.
- VIAVI ONT 800G FLEX DCO Module - The industry’s first fully integrated test product for pluggable digital coherent module development, validation and integration of 400G CFP2-DCO and 400GE QSFP-DD transponders, including 400ZR. The VIAVI 800G FLEX DCO Module provides a wide range of critical test and measurement capabilities that manufacturers need to design and validate pluggable digital coherent optical modules.
- MAP-300 Interface for IL/RL Testing with PCT solutions – This new testing interface supports the Passive Component/Connector Test (PCT) application for Insertion Loss (IL) / Return Loss (RL) measurement on the VIAVI MAP-300 platform, delivering testing that is five times faster. Working with the PCT Control Center, a centralized testing ecosystem enables test data integration and management across an entire manufacturing floor.
- OneAdvisor-1000 400GE Portable Network Tester – From the family of handheld Metro test solutions trusted around the world, the OneAdvisor-1000 equips field technicians with 400GE testing capability to fully address metro/core, submarine, and data center interconnect applications. This solution provides rate integration spanning from 400GE down to T1/E1 in addition to fiber optic testing using OTDRs, covering future technology and all legacy protocols. An intuitive design, test process automation and cloud-based management combine to improve workforce efficiency even as networks get more complex.
- mOSX Module – Leveraging over 30 years of 1 x n switching technology, the new VIAVI OSX module enables true parallel processing, further expanding the LightDirect family of configurable optic test solutions in the MAP System for dramatic improvements in capital utilization.
- Onsite Calibration Service for Lab & Production Products – Offering the ultimate in convenience, this service for customers of VIAVI ONT and MAP portfolios provides specialized verification and calibration services on customers’ premises, eliminating any downtime and inconvenience associated with sending hardware for factory calibration.
“Network performance requirements are more exacting than ever, demanding precision testing of equipment from the lab and production environment to the field,” said Tom Fawcett, Vice President and General Manager, Lab and Production, VIAVI. “As the established leader in fiber optic test and measurement, VIAVI continues to advance state-of-the-art technology for testing next-generation network components to not only enable products to be delivered to market faster, but also to ensure peak performance throughout the network lifecycle.”
VIAVI Recognized for Elite Products
Six VIAVI products received Elite scores in the 2020 Lightwave Innovation Reviews:
- ONMS for PON Construction and Activation – Transform construction, service activation and management procedures of point-to-multipoint PON networks. (Score 5.0)
- ONMS Tunable DWDM Fiber Network Management Solution - Enables one of 44 DWDM band wavelengths to be reserved as a continuous test or monitoring wavelength to test all trunk/feeder fibers while in live transport service. (Score 4.5)
- Network & Service Companion (NSC-100) - The first solution to combine a PON test interface with Ethernet and WiFi interfaces, all capable of 1 Gbps and beyond. (Score 4.5)
- DWDM Optical Channel Checker module (OCC-4056C) - Allows successful maintenance and troubleshooting of DWDM wavelengths and routes for telco, CATV and wireless (4G and 5G mid/fronthaul) applications, improving first time turn-up success rates. (Score 4.0)
- ONT-800 Optical Network Test Platform – This multi-protocol, multi-port test platform and 800G FLEX Module together address the deep technical needs of 400G, while meeting aggressive economic targets. (Score 4.0)
- MAP-300 Optical Manufacturing Test Platform - Third-generation MAP-300 delivers the scalability to meet current and future needs for manufacturing environments. (Score 3.5)
VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) is a global provider of network test, monitoring and assurance solutions for communications service providers, enterprises, network equipment manufacturers, government and avionics. We help these customers harness the power of instruments, automation, intelligence and virtualization to Command the network. VIAVI is also a leader in light management solutions for 3D sensing, anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, and defense applications. Learn more about VIAVI at www.viavisolutions.com. Follow us on VIAVI Perspectives, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.