May 1, 2017 — VIAVI today introduced the 4100-series DWDM OTDR for its T-BERD/MTS-2000, 4000, and 5800 platforms. As DWDM technology continues to penetrate into access networks, technicians require comprehensive, cost-optimized DWDM test tools. With these, techs can deliver reliable deployments during construction and support efficient troubleshooting of faulty links for ongoing maintenance.
Consisting of a single module, the VIAVI C-band OTDR enables wireless, cable, and telco operators to perform complete end-to-end link characterization and troubleshooting through the optical Mux/Demux for newly deployed or active DWDM and hybrid CWDM/DWDM networks.
- Test new DWDM wavelength routes and pinpoint exact fault locations without disrupting traffic on active channels
- Verify end-to-end continuity through ROADM network elements with the integrated C-band tunable laser source mode
- Easy setup and interpretation of results with SmartConfigs and Smart Link Mapper (SLM) OTDR applications
- Comprehensive qualification and troubleshooting solution, for hybrid CWDM/DWDM networks when combined with the VIAVI CWDM OTDR modules
- Portable and lightweight, most compact DWDM OTDR solution available for physical layer fiber certification and troubleshooting
DWDM technology has been well adopted in long-haul transmissions for decades. With the growing need for bandwidth driven by data-hungry applications and business services, DWDM technology has now found its way into access networks. CATV operators delivering DWDM-enabled business services and wireless operators moving to DWDM for CRAN front hauls, require a simple way to validate routes to connect new customers and to troubleshoot faulty links in a timely manner without disrupting existing services.
VIAVI is the worldwide leader in OTDR manufacturing and has been awarded the coveted Frost & Sullivan Fiber Optics Test Equipment Market Leader Award for fiber-optic test equipment six years in a row.
For more information on the DWDM OTDR module, visit our website or contact your local VIAVI representative.