Conference attendees are invited to visit JDSU at booth #1703 at the Los Angeles Convention Center to see its latest offerings and learn about important product advancements that include:
TrueFlex® Portfolio. JDSU is completing major design-in projects for next generation TrueFlex® single-slot Super Transport Blades for metro and CD/CDC ROADM network architectures. The newest solutions will be showcased at OFC and include:
- TrueFlex Single-slot Super Transport Blade, featuring Micro Twin 1x20 WSS, Optical Channel® Monitor, Switchable-Gain Preamp EDFA, and Variable-Gain Booster EDFA.
- TrueFlex® Multicast Switch blade, featuring upgradeable Twin 4x16 Multicast Switch and 4 + 4 Array of Amplifiers in a single-slot line card envelope that sets the industry benchmark for Contentionless Add/Drop capacity and density.
JDSU is also announcing general availability of the Micro Twin 1x20 module, a key enabler for the newest generation of ROADM-on-a-blade implementations. This product supports a test access port (2X20 configuration) and achieves best-in-industry density, cascaded optical performance and flexible spectrum control.
Client-SideTransceivers. JDSU is committed to providing cost effective transceiver solutions for datacom and telecom applications. The company continues to expand its portfolio of 100G transceivers and is excited to introduce several new products. JDSU will be showcasing the industry’s first QSFP28 CWDM4 product with a live demo at OFC 2105. Customer feedback from early sampling of CWDM4 has been extremely positive. JDSU will also be introducing QSFP28 PSM4 and LR4 transceivers this year, with qualification samples in the fourth quarter of 2015. CWDM4 qualification samples will be available in the third quarter of 2015. These QSFP28 transceivers build on JDSU’s success with CFP2 and CFP4 LR4 transceivers, which are shipping in volume now.
Line-SideTransceivers. JDSU will demonstrate its CFP2-ACO module at OFC 2015. This compact, pluggable coherent transceiver module represents the next generation 100G+ interface for high speed links in metro and regional networks. The 100G Micro Integrated Coherent Receiver (Micro-ICR), the receiver engine inside the CFP2-ACO transceiver, is also being introduced for discrete coherent implementations.
JDSU’s leadership in Tunable SFP+ continues with the latest generation being designed into multiple customers. With industry leading power dissipation of less than 1.5W over the full commercial temperature operating range (-5C to +70C) at end of life, JDSU has set a new benchmark. JDSU’s leading tunable SFP+ technology allows customers to achieve greater density through the lower power dissipation.
Dual-Carrier Coherent Lithium Niobate Modulator. JDSU will showcase its new modulator which is capable of delivering 400G for long reach applications. It is much smaller than current single carrier 400G implementations, which allows increased density in transponder cards without any compromise in performance.
Integrated Coherent Receiver. In addition to the Micro ICR, JDSU is also sampling its Dual 100G ICR. This product is designed for multi-channel applications and offers greater density and simplicity than existing discrete receiver solutions.
600 mW Raman Pump Laser. JDSU is introducing its highest-power 600 mW Raman pump laser which consumes 50 percent less power than competitive products. This pump laser is a key building block for next-generation Raman amplifiers that are typically integrated into high density blades.
ONT 400G. JDSU will be presenting the latest test product from the ONT portfolio that has been designed specifically to support all aspects of equipment development, including everything from chips through transponders to network equipment for 400G technology. Based on leading-edge Xilinx UltraScale
CSAM. JDSU will showcase the T-BERD®/MTS-6000A, -8000 CSAM that offers superior 100G network testing flexibility in the most compact, ultra-portable form for testing 10 Mbps to 100 G now enhanced with RFC 6349 TrueSpeed™ QoE test capability.
MAP-200 Optical Connector Test Solution (PCT). JDSU will introduce several key enhancements to its industry-leading optical connector test system that include a reduction of test times by up to 50 percent. The simplified, one-button control interface greatly simplifies direct introduction into high- volume manufacturing applications.
Attendees are also invited to the following events that will include JDSU thought leaders:
- March 23. OSA Executive Forum, The New Drivers for R&D Investment, Brandon Collings CTO of Optical Communications, JDSU, 3:30 – 4:45, Petree Hall.
- March 24. Next-Generation Tunable Technology and Applications, Kevin Affolter, Director of Product Line Management, JDSU, 10:30 – 11:30, Expo Theater II, Exhibit Hall G.
Paper presentations by JDSU experts will include:
- March 23. “VCSELs & Tunable Lasers: Narrow Linewidth Sample-Grating Distributed Bragg Reflector Laser with Enhanced Side-Mode Suppression,” Michael Larson, 1:30 – 3:30 PM, Room 404AB.
- March 24. “Photonic Subsystem for Networking Applications: Advanced ROADM Technology & Architectures,” Brandon Collings, 4:30 – 6:30 PM, Room 404AB.
- March 25. “The Future of Integrated Optics II: InP Photonic Integrated Circuits for High Efficiency Pluggable Optical Interfaces,” Yuliya Akulova, 1:00 – 3:00 PM, Room 408B.
JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU) innovates and collaborates with customers to build and operate the highest-performing and highest-value networks in the world. Our diverse technology portfolio also fights counterfeiting and enables high-powered commercial lasers for a range of applications. Learn more about JDSU at www.jdsu.com and follow us on JDSU Perspectives, Twitter,Facebook and YouTube.