For smaller cable systems and contractors, a tech may be responsible for maintaining and servicing the entire cable plant. For this work a versatile meter with practical test capabilities for most contingencies is needed. DOCSIS 3.1 test capability (also DOCSIS 3.0) is needed, as well as a full complement of physical and service layer tests.
Maintenance techs often run into a variety of issues that may require “shooting” the cable with a TDR. A high quality, accurate, precise TDR can now be included with the tech’s work horse meter. When a TDR test is needed, the tech can switch to an alternate test mode on the meter instead of going back to the truck (or office) to get an application specific instrument (TDR). This saves time in the workflow and saves money.
With a TDR, techs can identify and locate:
- Impairments in coaxial cable, such as poor splices, water intrusion, pinched coax, poor quality cables
- Impedance mismatches due to network component issues or damage
- Determine how much cable is left on a reel
- Qualify new plant hardline extensions and drop cable replacements to “prove” new cable is good
- Provides cable installers and field technicians a full complement of RF measurement functions
- Powerful troubleshooting tools to improve overall system health
- When TDR test is needed, tech simply switches to an alternate test mode on meter
- No need to return to truck (or office) to get a TDR
- Color touch screen reduces installer entry errors and improves decision making
- A high quality, accurate, precise TDR included in 1G DSP
- Multiple tests in a single autotest app provide a convenient way to standardize tech processes and procedures
Instrument Care Support Plans
Save up the 50% of standard service prices and obtain priority service when you buy a bundled plan at the same time the instrument is purchased. Care Support Plans offer the best way to purchase extended warranty, premium technical support, self-paced training, and critical maintenance services like calibration services that include software and engineering change order update services to ensure your product is maintained with current software and a calibration certificate. These discounted plans are 2-5 years long when purchased upfront with your VIAVI instruments.
VIAVI Care Support
VIAVI Care Support for Existing Equipment
FleetCare plans can be customized to include any service entitlements on your fleet of existing equipment. Please fill out a Service Contracts form for a quote.
Repair and Calibration
Our products live in rugged environments for over 10 years with 1000s of test connect/disconnect cycles. We will be there to support you to ensure components that require maintenance like connectors, batteries, and software updates to ensure you are ready to test accurately for years to come. We apply factory procedures that use fast, automated calibration and functional verification, maintenance using OEM parts and the application of all engineering change orders and software updates. Services are available through contract Care plans, FleetCare or per incident as requests.
Top 4 Reasons to Choose VIAVI for Your Repair and Calibration Needs:
- Minimize business disruption
- Measurement Accuracy and Product Reliability
- Measurement Compliance, TL9000 certification and OEM Standards