- Super light magnesium alloy – 8.3 lbs/3.75 kg weight, is ideal for field test environments.
- Internal battery provides 4.5 hours of true portability on one charge.
- Define your own test screens and then save for future use, simplifies operation.
- Fast VSWR and return loss plots for field analysis of antennas, duplexers, and combiners.
- Accurate distance to fault measurements for locating issues in cables.
- Multi-Language support includes Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese, German, French, etc.
- Complete RF Transmitter Testing: With integrated RF power, RSSI, frequency error and modulation meters .
- Complete Analog Test System: The 3550R includes the capability to perform direct connect type testing on a radio. All radio parameters including power, frequency error, modulation accuracy, receiver sensitivity, and audio performance are easily accessed and tested.
- Remote Operation and Remote File Access: The 3550R has the perfect solution for you to remotely monitor tough to find system anomalies through your smartphone, tablet, or PC anywhere on the planet.
- Channel Analyzer: RF signals can be graphically analyzed with the Channel Analyzer option of the 3550R. The channel analyzer allows the user to analyze up to 5 MHz spectrum of signals from a repeater, a mobile radio, or a hand-held, while at the time demodulating the signal and taking modulation measurements.
- AAR Channel Plan Option: AAR stands for Association of American Railroads and is an association of US and Canadian railroads. This option controls the RF frequency of both the generator and receiver of the 3550R based on the channel number.
- Indoor Signal Coverage Testing using TRX Systems NEON® Signal Mapper Application.
Standards and technologies supported
- DMR (MOTOTRBO™)
- Positive Train Control
Key Technical Specifications
- Generator: -5 dBm to -125 dBm
- DANL: -140 dBm typical with preamp
- Weight: 8.3 lbs.
- Rugged: 30 G Shock
- 0º to 50º C operating range
These formerly Aeroflex offerings are now part of VIAVI. Click here for more on the acquisition and brand transition.