The configurable GPSG-1000 is a truly portable, easy-to-use GPS and Galileo positional simulator. It fills a gap in the market by providing a low-cost 12 channel test set that creates three-dimensional simulations. This new simulator is also designed to be software upgradable. Versatile time-saving portable test set for GPS/GALILEO receivers including WAAS/EGNOS SBAS simulation
System - Simulated 3D position may be user entered in latitude/longitude/height format or 3D position may be dynamically simulated utilizing a multi-leg waypoint entry scheme. An unlimited number of navigation plans may be saved and recalled under a user assigned name. A built-in GPS receiver allows positional simulation in the form of a range, heading and altitude based on current test set position.
Satellite Vehicle (SV) Selection - All GPSG-1000 configurations allow GPS and Galileo satellites to be mixed. (The Galileo codes may be updated via a text file upload.)
Waypoints - Waypoint legs join up in 3D space, with either range rate or altitude-rate being auto calculated. Trajectory changes are calculated to simulate real world navigation, i.e. waypoint leg heading changes utilize realistic rates of turn; altitude changes utilize realistic rates of descent or climb. Way points may be entered in LAT/LONG form or automatically recalled from an airport or city database.
SBAS - SBAS satellites WAAS/EGNOS may be manually selected or automatically based on simulated position.
Setup - The setup page allows system, user and RF connection parameters to be set by the user.
Available through your GSA Supplier
These formerly Aeroflex offerings are now part of VIAVI. Click here for more on the acquisition and brand transition.
- GPS signals simulated: L1, L1C*, L2C*, L5*
- Galileo signals simulated: E1, E5**, E5a**, E5b**
- Simultaneous GPS/Galileo simulation
- WAAS/EGNOS SBAS simulation
- Static and dynamic simulations via NMEA-0183 File Record and Playback
- 12 channel configuration available with upgrade path (RAIM supported)
- Programmable space vehicle (SV) parametrics and health
- User or built-in GPS receiver referenced time and date
- PVT data available via RS-232
- User Defined Data Transferable between Linked GPSG units
- Remote control interface Ethernet
* For tracking of L1C, L2C or L5 signals some receivers require synchronized L1 transmissions.
** For tracking of E5 signals some receivers require synchronized E1 transmissions.
- General testing of civil GPS and Galileo receivers
- Testing of non-encrypted military GPS receivers
- Positive Train Control
- Asset tracking and telematics
- TAWS / WAAS / GBAS
- 10.6”H x 13.9”W x 3.4”D (27.0 cm x 35.5 cm x 8.7 cm)
- 15.5 lbs.