VIAVI Solutions today announced the launch of its Cable and Antenna Analyzer Modules (CAA06M). Additionally, 4100 series OTDR modules will now be supported on CellAadvisor 5G. These modules – together with the CellAdvisor 5G – will enable cell site technicians to install, commission and maintain 3G, 4G and 5G cell sites with one instrument.
5G deployments require test instruments with more 5G and fiber validation capability. However, cell site technicians still have to maintain and deploy LTE sites which require validation of coax cables and antenna systems. Until today, validating legacy and 5G cell sites required carrying and managing multiple field instruments, which can be costly and inefficient. CAA and OTDR modules, combined with the 5G test features of the CellAdvisor 5G platform, ensure that cell site technicians can perform comprehensive cell site installation and maintenance with one instrument in an easy and efficient way.
By combining the power of CellAdvisor 5G with CAA06M CAA and OTDR Modules, VIAVI has simplified the installation, troubleshooting and cell site management process for all types of fiber to the antenna cell sites.
Key Applications and Benefits of CAA06M CAA Modules
- Test and commission distributed radios with coaxial feed lines
- Certify, troubleshoot and maintain any fiber optic link
- Easy to interpret OTDR results with SmartLink Mapper apps
- RF devices performance characterization and validation
- DAS deployment validation
- NFC antenna test (RFID and security equipment)
- Trace overlay accurately detects signal degradation over time
- Dual display and multiple tabs allow fast and efficient measurements
- Intuitive pass/fail analysis instantly notifies of any cable and antenna system problem
- Integrated RF CW source enables small cell coverage and DAS path loss testing
- EZ-Cal™ technology ensures fast and easy calibration
Today CellAdvisor 5G is used by Tier One service providers around the world to validate 5G NR functionality by using the following key functions:
- 5G beam tracking and analysis
- 5G route map for coverage verification mapping
- 5G carrier scanner measuring carrier power
- Real-time spectrum and interference analysis
With the addition of CAA06M CAA and 4100 series OTDR Modules to the CellAdvisor 5G field test platform, VIAVI now offers the most comprehensive base station test solution available for cell site technicians for fast, easy and efficient cellular network deployment.
For more information, visit our CellAdvisor 5G page.