Board of Directors & Leadership
VIAVI Board Member, joined the VIAVI Board in February 2018.
Recognized in WomenInc Magazine’s 2019 Most Influential Corporate Board Directors.
SVP, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, joined in September 2007.
Featured in a Vanguard Law Magazine article titled, ‘Defending IP through innovation’ March 2020.
Our Corporate Governance Practices
- Our CEO is recognized as an industry leader, ranked as the #1 CEO in 2019 for the Mid-Cap Technology, Media and Telecommunications Sector by Institutional Investor, LCC.
- Independent Board Chair, Committee Chairs, and Committee members.
- Annual Election of Directors and majority voting requirement for directors in uncontested elections.
- All members of the Audit Committee are financial exports.
- Annual Board, Committee, and individual evaluation process.
- Risk oversight by Board and Committees, including cybersecurity.
- 44% of the Board is comprised of women or is diverse.
- Compensation Committee oversight of Human Capital Management including diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Governance Committee oversight of environmental, social and governance matters.
- Robust training and compliance programs, with 100% employee participation in Code of Business Conduct Training in FY22.
- Stock ownership requirements for directors and executives.
- No pledging or hedging of VIAVI securities.
- No non-voting or multi-class voting stock.
- Executive sessions of independent directors
- Procedures for shareholders to communicate directly with the board
- Annual advisory vote on executive compensation.