We describe in this Policy what personal information we collect from you when you use this website, our legal basis for processing that personal information, with whom we may share your personal information and how we transfer it, and your choices with respect to your personal information.
Personal information we collect about you
We may collect the following personal information from you:
Your name, email address, home address, work address, telephone number, job title, job function, job level, company name, country, information about your job role and other related information in circumstances such as the following:
- if you choose to use our “Request a Quote” functionality to request a price quotation from us, or if you use our “Contact a Sales Expert” functionality in order to find out information about VIAVI products and services.
- if you choose to register with our customer service portal.
- if you choose to register with our Velocity Sales and Partner Portal.
- if you purchase software licenses or services from us.
- If you download and complete our online forms.
- if you choose to subscribe to our e-mail programs or contact us for other purposes. We collect this information solely for the purpose of providing you with subscription materials for our programs to which you choose to subscribe. If you want to discontinue your participation in any of those programs, you can opt out by clicking on the link found in all e-mail information that we send you or by sending us e-mail at the address, below.
- if you choose to answer surveys that we send to you.
We may also collect your domain name when you visit this website.We use this information to evaluate the frequency of your page visits to this website as well as how you use this website.We will not collect complete e-mail addresses when you visit our website and do not expressly provide us with your e-mail address.
Legal bases for processing personal information
We rely on the following legal bases for processing information about you when you visit our website:
- It is in VIAVI’s legitimate interests to:
- process your personal information in order to provide you with the information that you seek to purchase products or services from VIAVI.
- process your name, contact details and other personal information described in this Policy in order to provide you with the products, services or information that you have requested from us (for example, by email or telephone or via our VIAVI customer portal) and information about the programs to which you have subscribed.
- use information about your visits to the site and information you provide us in surveys you choose to answer in order to help develop improve this website and to provide a better experience for visitors to this website.
- monitor compliance with our terms and conditions of use on this website.
- Performing a contract that we have entered into with you to provide you with the information, products or services that you have requested from us.
- Complying with applicable laws and regulations and VIAVI’s legal obligations, such as accounting and tax requirements.
- Where necessary, we will procure your consent for processing certain personal information. If we process your personal information on the basis of your consent, you may subsequently withdraw that consent at any time by the means indicated at the time consent is procured. This does not affect the lawfulness of the processing that occurred on the basis of your earlier consent, before its withdrawal.
You are not required to provide VIAVI with personal information when you visit this website, but if you do not do so in the circumstances described above, we will not be able to provide you with information you request or with all of our products and services, and you will not be able to use all the features of this website.
Cookies and how to disable them
There are four types of cookies used on our Services:
- Essential cookies – These cookies enable you to use our website; they are. essential to enable you to browse our website and use certain features. Disabling them may prevent you from using certain parts of the website. These cookies also help keep our website safe and secure.
- Preference cookies – These cookies store information such as your preferred country and language selection, login data and website preferences. Without these cookies, our website may not be able to remember certain choices you've previously made or personalize your browsing experience by providing you with relevant information. These cookies can also be used to recognize your device so that you do not have to provide the same information more than once.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information about how you use our website, such as which pages you visit regularly. These cookies are used to provide you with a high-quality experience by doing things such as tracking page load, site response times, and error messages. They are also used to gather feedback on customer satisfaction through surveys.
- Content / advertising cookies – These cookies gather information about your use of our website so we may improve your experience and provide you with more relevant content and advertising. They remember that you've visited our website and help us understand usage of our website. Some of these cookies are from third parties that collect information about users of our website in order to provide advertising based on users’ online activities. The third parties involved in this type of advertising collect internet browsing information (e.g., websites visited, time of visit) across different websites and over time, and they may use the information they collect on our website to provide you ads (from us and other companies) across the internet.
If you do not want us to collect information on the basis of cookies, you may disable cookies in your browser at any time by changing your browser preferences. Please note that if you disable cookies you may not be able to use certain pages or functions on this website as efficiently (for example, you may need to re-enter certain details in order to access registered sections of the website). If you continue to browse this website without changing your browser’s cookie settings, you agree to receive cookies when you use this website.
Find out more about managing cookies here: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ (note this is a link to a third-party website that is not controlled or owned by VIAVI).
How we share your personal information
VIAVI may share your personal information with our business partners and third parties, such as:
- Entities within the VIAVI group companies, including our subsidiaries and affiliates, in order to help us process your personal information effectively and provide you with the products, services or information you request.
- Our consultants and/or service providers, such as website analysts, who may need to process your personal information in order to provide us with information that we need to improve your experience on our website or provide you with the products, services or information you request. We put in place appropriate contractual controls with service providers to prevent them from using, processing or disclosing your personal information outside of the agreed purposes.
- A third-party business in the event that all or substantially all of our assets are sold or transferred to another party, or another transaction occurs in which your personal information is one of the business assets transferred.
- Law enforcement agencies or a court in order to comply with applicable law or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties.
Please note that your personal information may be transferred to VIAVI affiliates or subsidiaries operating in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including but not limited to the United States. In addition, the service providers with whom VIAVI may share information may be based outside the EEA. Data protection laws may or may not apply in jurisdictions outside the EEA or may not be as stringent as those in the EEA. In any case, VIAVI will implement appropriate contractual measures (such as standard data protection clauses, a copy of which you can obtain by contacting email@example.com) to ensure that the relevant VIAVI entities and third parties outside the EEA provide an adequate level of protection to your personal information as set out in this Policy and as required by applicable local law.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes set out above. We will take into account any legal obligations that require us to retain the personal information for a certain period of time as well as the duration of your use of this website. If you wish to de-register from our website, amend or update your personal information, or request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you with the information or services you have requested, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIAVI takes appropriate measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information we hold concerning you and to limit access to that information in order to safeguard that personal information from loss, interference, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, please be aware that you provide us with your personal information at your own risk; we cannot totally guarantee the security of this website or our email systems against hackers, viruses and other cyberattacks.
Links to other websites
This web site may contain links to third party websites. This includes website of third party business partners, such as independent resellers, rental partners and manufacturers. These links are provided solely as a convenience. VIAVI does not endorse any third-party web sites. Access to any other web site through any links provided on this web site is at your own risk and VIAVI is not responsible for the content of any such web site or the accuracy or reliability of any information, data or other contents thereof. We encourage you to consult the privacy policies of any third party websites that you visit.
Your rights with respect to your personal information
You are entitled to request access to, rectification or erasure of personal information relating to you or restriction of processing or to object to processing of such information and other rights in accordance with applicable law. You may also ask for your data to be ported to third parties in accordance with applicable law. If you wish to enforce your rights, please contact us at email@example.com. We will provide you with a response in accordance with applicable data protection law. VIAVI may refuse to provide such information in limited circumstances under applicable local law.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint before the relevant data privacy authority should we violate applicable data privacy laws(s) in our processing of your personal information.
We may make alterations to this Policy from time to time. Any alteration or addition will be posted prominently on this website. Where we have your email address, we will notify you of significant alterations to this Policy.