The MAP-200 Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier (mEDFA-C1) is a third-generation amplifier design, optimized for use in the systems lab or for optical test and measurement applications. The simplified control and modular design make the module extremely simple to integrate and use. It removes the need to “work-around” networking management protocols that often frustrate R&D and manufacturing engineers and slow down test automation. The mEDFA-C1 has six carefully selected variants designed to span the most critical application requirements.
- Variant options to cover low-noise figure (< 3.7dB) or high power (>25dBm) requirements
- Single-channel Extended C and L band versions
- Gain flattened DWDM multichannel extended C band versions
- Automated gain and power control options
- Amplification of sensitive signals in automated test systems
- Power saturation recovery testing
- OSNR noise loading