The VIAVI APM-424(V)5 easily accommodates a variety of aircraft, ground, and ship platforms to test transponder and interrogator performance. The APM-424(V)5 is a Mode 5 and ADS-B performance and capability upgrade to the TS-4530 and APM424 legacy test sets. The unit closely replicates legacy operation for utilization of existing procedures, making the APM-424(V)5 a cost effective, highly accurate upgrade to fielded test sets.
The APM-424 is offered in two standard configurations:
- APM-424(V)4 MK XII Test Set
- APM-424(V)5 MK XIIA Test Set
The APM-424(V)5 supports both DoD AIMS 04-900A Option A (KIV-78) and Option B (KIV-77) crypto appliqués.
Available through your GSA Supplier
NSN: 6625-01-600-6784 (APM-424(V)4)
NSN: 6625-01-583-2774 (APM-424(V)5 w/ KIV-77 adapter)
This product is controlled for export under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). A license from the U.S. Department of State is required prior to the export of this product from the United States.
- DoD AIMS 03-1000A (Change Notes 1,2,3) Mark XIIA certified
- Supports DoD AIMS 04-900A Option A - KIV-78 and Option B - KIV-77, & SIT-2010 crypto appliqués.
- Transponder Test Modes 1,2,3/A, C, S (EHS/ELS), 4, Mode 5 (Level 1 and 2)
- Interrogator Test Modes 1, 2, 3/A, C, S, 4, Mode 5, TCAS, ETCAS (Level 1 and 2)
- DO-260B compliant; ADS-B Out test capability
- Accurate GPS time/date acquisition (via GPS antenna, crypto or manually)
- Hand-held and battery powered
- One piece, 3-button point and shoot Go/No-Go operation
- Parametric test results can be stored for downloading to a PC for review or maintenance logging
- Mode 5 TX/RX pulse measurement
- Mode 5 squitter data
- Mode 5 data acquisition formats 0-23
- TS-4542 Shipboard Interrogator test capability
- ADS-B Out testing
- KIV-77 & SIT-2010 support
- KIV-78 support
Repair and Calibration
Our products live in rugged environments for over 10 years with 1000s of test connect/disconnect cycles. We will be there to support you to ensure components that require maintenance like connectors, batteries, and software updates to ensure you are ready to test accurately for years to come. We apply factory procedures that use fast, automated calibration and functional verification, maintenance using OEM parts and the application of all engineering change orders and software updates. Services are available through contract Care plans, FleetCare or per incident as requests.
Top 4 Reasons to Choose VIAVI for Your Repair and Calibration Needs:
- Minimize business disruption
- Measurement Accuracy and Product Reliability
- Measurement Compliance, TL9000 certification and OEM Standards