Optical connectivity solutions (optical connectors, structured cabling, splitters, and the enclosures that house them) are central to connection-intensive central office, data center, and optical distribution networks. Outside of telecom, datacom, wireless backhaul, and FTTx, new supercomputing applications are emerging at the same time as naval, avionic, and military applications continue to multiply. All of these markets are driven by the demand for more bandwidth. Out of necessity, new connector formats are coming to market, driven by the need to lower installation costs and speed deployments.
However, quality and optical performance of these connection points is often overlooked. Poor insertion and return loss (IL and RL) can have far-reaching impact on network performance. Poor performance can directly impact reach, reliability, and can even block the path to technology upgrades. Simultaneously, economic factors require manufacturers to continue lowering costs, speeding production, and accelerating time to market.
The VIAVI Passive Component/Connector Test Solution (PCT) consists of a powerful family of modules, software, and peripherals for testing insertion loss, return loss, physical length, and polarity of optical connectivity products. Leveraging the modularity and connectivity of the VIAVI MAP-200 platform, the PCT can be configured for R&D, production, or qualification test environments and can address all key fiber types from single-mode through OM1 and OM4.
NOTE: Protect your investment in a VIAVI PCT by ensuring it is always operating at its best. VIAVI provides multiple PCT Calibration Service options designed to align with diverse customer needs.
- Increases production yield by a factor of 4
- Requires only 25 percent of the space of other solutions
- Enables expansion into new high-growth, high-performance applications, such as 40/100 G data center markets
- Modular platform can scale as needs arise and budget allows
- Port mapping verifies multifiber MPO cassette continuity and polarity in less than 15 seconds
- Fully supports high-growth MPO and MTP multifiber connectors
- Testing IL/RL/length of optical connectors and cable assemblies, structured-cabling solutions, and optical splitters
- Automated testing of multifiber assemblies, such as MPO
- Solutions for both single-mode and multimode fiber-based devices
- Verifying continuity and polarity of large multifiber assemblies
- Measuring RL of line cards and receptacle-based transponders