The mTFX-C1 is a modular Ethernet or GPIB instrument and can be directly managed from your PC-based automation system. It eliminates the need to re-purpose optical network technology or use complex libraries with specialized interface cards.
Based on next-generation liquid crystal on silicon (LCOS) technology, the mTFX-C1 is much more than a tunable filter. It combines variable attenuator, switch, power meter, and DWDM multiplexer functions to dramatically simplify photonic testing of coherent interfaces, amplifier, and DWDM systems. Leveraging TrueFlex™ technology, filters are continuously tunable in center wavelength and bandwidth and are not locked to the ITU grid. Multiple parallel wavelength paths can be created without disrupting already established connections—all with sub-GHz resolution. Industry-leading specifications for loss and out-of-band rejection ensure minimal impairments on your test signals.
Using the mTFX-C1, get the right wavelengths to the right test port with the right power—quickly – and flexibly isolate, groom, manage, and route any wavelength or group of wavelengths with a simple, intuitive GUI and/or SCPI-based remote commands.
- Tunable filter with bandwidth adjustment from 16 to 5100 GHz with 0.5 GHz resolution
- Low loss (<5.5 dB), continuous extended C-band coverage with ±3.5 GHz wavelength accuracy
- Up to 80 independent filters, each with independent attenuation and output port assignment
- New filters can be added and removed without disturbing existing connections
- Internal power meter option with automated single and multiple peak find algorithms
- Automated peak tracking function without loss of transmitted power
- Fast, simple GUI and SCPI control interfaces for filter generation
- Optional SW license to enable up to 8 output ports
- Photonic communication test automation
- 100 G+ coherent interface testing
- ROADM node emulation
- Signal extraction or insertion during DWDM system testing
- Amplifier gain spectrum management and load tone generation