JDSU partnered with the NFV Catalyst program members to optimize both business value – minimize costs, maximize profitability – and customer experience of NFV-orchestrated virtual network functions. The project – more information on the partners and program can be found at “Maximizing Profitability with NFV Orchestration” includes the following JDSU perspective:
- How JDSU enables NFV milestones to accelerate the scope and scale of NFV deployment and ROI using unique, NFV-ready real-time intelligence and analytics through JDSU’s xSIGHT platform.
- The power of collaboration and how real-time analytics in agile network orchestration helps operators avoid pitfalls in planning virtual networks.
- Harnessing dynamically defined policies to optimize the business value (minimize costs, maximize profitability) of NFV deployment.
A preview of the NFV joint project demonstration and presentation highlights:
- To fully harness the benefits of NFV, a more comprehensive “intelligent, dynamic” approach is warranted – one that considers all aspects of a virtualized function such as the fluctuating costs of running them, quality of service, metering, resource utilization, workload levels and SLAs. Virtualized network functions must also be business-driven by harnessing analytics and dynamically defined policies.
- Business agility is a result of flexible business models, but these models have been limited by what traditional networks can do. NFV is all about flexibility – making services and networks more responsive to customer needs with an infrastructure that is more elastic. But without the right kind of orchestration, this flexibility may still impair profitability.
- Why it matters that relevant data and real time analytics are available, as well as what data needs to become available but is not at the present time. What business-level inferences can be drawn, and how those can be fed back into the NFV orchestration process to move, scale or otherwise optimize virtual cloud infrastructure.
Who: JDSU will demonstrate with three major mobile communications companies, co-members of the Catalyst NFV program
What: NFV Catalyst Demonstration “Maximizing Profitability with NFV Orchestration”
Where: Virtualization Communities area in the Hub
When: Dec 9th and 10th: 8:15am-5:30pm, Dec 11th: 8:15-11:30am
Tara Van Unen, a strategic marketing lead for JDSU, is available for interviews on JDSU’s NFV strategy as it relates to TM Forum industry initiatives. For more information, please contact Bernie Tylor (email@example.com, 240-404-1913) or Elliott Burr (firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-762-2904).
JDSU also contributes to TM Forum’s Zero-touch Orchestration, Operations and Management (ZOOM) project, where members leverage years of operations management experience across a vast member ecosystem to address virtual services and shape new virtual operations practices. JDSU defined the new “Product Level Virtualization Maturity Model” that is being submitted for inclusion in the next TM Forum Frameworx, a suite of best practices and standards widely adopted to significantly improve agility in IT and operations, increasing margins and optimizing customer experience.
About TM Forum
TM Forum is a non-profit global industry association which helps its members transform and succeed in the digital economy. The collective experience and interests of our member community comprised of more than 85,000 experts from 950+ leading organizations drives everything we do, from thought-provoking research and publications, to practical guidance, collaboration programs, tools and best practices, hands-on events, and training for business and IT leaders. To learn more about the Forum and join our digital journey as a valued member and collaborator, please visit www.tmforum.org.
JDSU innovates and collaborates with customers to build and operate the highest-performing and highest-value networks in the world. Our diverse technology portfolio also fights counterfeiting and enables high-powered commercial lasers for a range of applications. Learn more about JDSU at www.jdsu.com and follow us on LinkedIn, JDSU Perspectives, Twitter, Facebook andYouTube.