The VIAVI Ruggedized Small Channel Count Switch Module (SR series) is used for incorporating customized test assemblies and specialized applications operating multiple source measurement instruments, such as optical spectrum analyzers, wavelength meters, and power meters. The SR series switches are manufactured for harsher environments, and are specified for a wide operating temperature range of -25 °C to +65 °C.
Both single-mode (SM) and multimode (MM) versions of the SR Series switch connect optical channels by redirecting optical signals into a selected output fiber. This is achieved using a mirror driven by a highly precise mechanism that is activated via an electrical control signal. Switching can be done by applying either a direct electrical or TTL control. The SR series is available in both single-mode and multimode.
Using collimating lenses minimizes the insertion loss (IL) and improves the repeatability and stability of the switch parameters. The SR Series is optically passive and is, therefore, transparent to signalling formats and bandwidth. All configurations are optimized for bidirectional performance.
- Optical signal routing, fiber network configuration, and restoration
- Sensor switching, source/detection selection, reference, and multisource measurements in instrumentation products
- Fiberoptic component testing
- Research and development (R&D)
- 1x1, 1x2, 2x2 2x4, 4x4
- Typical IL 0.6 dB
- Return loss (RL) greater than 55 dB
- Several configurations available
- Reliable, small modules suitable for rugged environments where vibration and shock performance are critical
- Simple control
- Direct or TTL control of switching