Conference attendees are invited to visit JDSU at booth #2101 during the event to see its latest technology offerings and learn about important product updates that include:
- JDSU is now shipping the world’s first tunable SFP+ transceiver.
The new tunable SFP+ transceiver from JDSU is the first solution of its kind that is now in volume production for tier 1 network equipment manufacturer customers. It replaces fixed wavelength SFP+ and XFP transceivers, allowing network equipment manufacturers (NEMs) and service providers to harness the benefits of tunability in the smallest form factor and address applications from the data center all the way to metro networks.
JDSU’s tunable SFP+ is receiving positive customer feedback including:
- “The tunable SFP+ optical transceiver is an important product for Tellabs,” said Mark Pashan, vice president of Optical Transport at Tellabs. “It enables our Tellabs 7100 solution to provide leading performance in 10G DWDM networks with more flexibility and in a compact form factor when compared to previous SFP+ solutions.”
- “We are excited to leverage the new tunable SFP+ to increase our 10G network density by two-and-a-half times,” said Ron Johnson, director of Product Line Management at Cisco.
- “With the introduction of the tunable SFP+ transceiver, JDSU enables BTI to significantly increase port density while reducing power consumption. This enables us to continue to deliver the industry-leading capacity and performance demanded in today's competitive marketplace,” said Robert Keyes, CTO at BTI.
The new tunable SFP+ transceiver also represents the first time that full C-band wavelength tunability has been successfully delivered in such a compact and low-power platform.
- New JDSU TrueFlex® products are now in production.
The industry’s first twin 1X20 wavelength selective switch (WSS) and quad optical channel monitor (OCM) are two important elements of the JDSU TrueFlex portfolio. Both products have gained widespread customer acceptance and are entering production as planned this month. These products help NEMs add further agility to their network infrastructures and create next generation or Self Aware Networks for the future.
In addition, JDSU has secured multiple design wins for TrueFlex ROADM line cards. JDSU currently has the largest design pipeline for transport line cards in the company's history, with eighteen active customer programs.
- JDSU introduces new PacketPortal™ Micro Ethernet Probe (JMEP).
Developed based on decades of optical communications and test experience at JDSU, the new JMEP transceiver works with the PacketPortal platform and can be deployed in various parts of a network where SFP technology is used as a flexible and cost effective way to measure key performance indicators like throughput, delay, jitter and packet loss.
JMEP is fully integrated with the JDSU EtherAssure™ solution to help network operators to activate, monitor, troubleshoot and optimize networks and ensure that service level agreements are met with their customers. Applications range from business services to mobile backhaul for 3G and 4G/LTE networks. It is also part of JDSU’s Small Cell Assurance Solution that helps mobile operators ease the complexity of rolling out and monitoring small cell networks.
- JDSU is now shipping the first end-to-end CFP2 test system for 100G networks.
CFP2 transceivers are being used by network operators to help reduce the cost of 100G implementations with smaller and more efficient optical components that take up less space and use less power. JDSU’s new test system is the only solution designed to verify transmission all the way from the physical layer and through the Ethernet and IP services within optical transport network layers simultaneously. The system will be demonstrated at OFC working in conjunction with a new CFP2 LR4 module that JDSU expects to offer in the fall of 2013.
- Additional new test solutions from JDSU to be highlighted at OFC/NFOEC.
JDSU is also launching a new optical spectrum analyzer (OSA) specially designed to support flexible-grid wavelength division multiplexor (WDM) networks and another new OSA designed to test reconfigurable optical add-drop multiplexers (ROADMs) while reducing test time from 15 minutes down to 30 seconds.
“State of the Industry” Market Watch Panel
Tom Fawcett, vice president of Product Line Management at JDSU, will moderate a State of the Industry panel about the current optical communications climate with participants that include ACG Research, The Juda Group, LightCounting, Marlin Partners and Ovum. The panel discussion will be held on March 19, 12:00-2:00 p.m. PT on the OFC show floor.
JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU; and TSX: JDU) innovates and collaborates with customers to build and operate the highest-performing and highest-value networks in the world. Our diverse technology portfolio also fights counterfeiting and enables high-powered commercial lasers for a range of applications. Learn more about JDSU at www.jdsu.com and follow us on JDSU Perspectives,Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.