The Standardization Solution
The 720 DSP conveniently combines CATV, DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem, and Gigabit Ethernet testing along with 802.11 b/g/n wireless in a single meter for troubleshooting and installation of both residential and business services.
Multi-service verification can now be achieved with one instrument containing everything needed for service, business, or residential installations. Eliminate the need for multiple instruments in most business services with Gigabit Ethernet Throughput testing and save capital expenditures at the same time.
Tailored for the challenges faced by installers, contractors, and service techs, the 720 DSP comes equipped with all of the powerful troubleshooting tools for the experienced tech, yet helps simplify decision making and streamline standard processes and procedures for the more novice tech. This results in more efficient technicians, greater overall system health, and allows techs to continue using the same meter as they become more experienced.
Gigabit Ethernet Testing (720 DSP only)
Used in combination with other 720 DSP or 1G DSP field analyzers or the 2401 TLB headend Ethernet loopback device, the 720 DSP can achieve throughput testing speeds of up to 1 GbE using a dedicated test port.
The 720 DSP can perform either roundtrip or one-way measurements of Key Parameter Index (KPI) for full Ethernet service testing. With constant payload testing for Layer 2 through Layer 4, the 720 DSP is built for verification of both Ethernet Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Quality of Service (QoS) metrics with support for BERT and Loopback testing standards.
Time-Domain Reflectometer Testing (720 TDR only)
The 720 TDR includes a built-in test port for time-domain reflectometer testing of coaxial cables within active CATV systems. The new 720 TDR allows technicians to troubleshoot active plant without the side effects of an FDR, which operates in the frequency domain, instead of the time domain.
The step-type TDR that is featured in the 720 TDR includes a measurement range of over 2000 meters with a zero dead zone and an accuracy of 0.5 meters for cables at any length. This meter is ideal for technicians who need to identify and locate impairments in coaxial cable, such as poor splices, water intrusion, pinched coax, poor quality cables, impedance mismatches, and bridged taps.
The 720 DSP features an intuitive, color touchscreen interface, simple pass/fail indicators, and powerful autotest apps to streamline certification and make the technician’s job easier.
Everything about this next-gen meter was built with the business technician in mind—from the long battery life and quick charge time, to its unique, built-in LED flashlight and glow in the dark keypad for those dark, cramped spaces.
With its next-generation smart device technology, the 720 DSP is the easiest to use, most feature-rich, and best-performing meter available for installation and troubleshooting of business customer accounts.
Standard Testing Features
- Level Measurement
- C/N Measurement
- QAM Measurement (MER/BER/Constellation/EQ)
- Complete Channel Plan Scan with Tilt Measurement
- Analog & Digital HUM Measurement
- Return Spectrum Analysis (4 to 205 MHz)
- Full Spectrum Analysis (5 to 1250 MHz)
- Cable Modem Statistics
- Ping, Trace Route, VoIP & Throughput Measurements
- Ethernet Service Testing (BERT and Loopback) or Time-Domain Reflectometer
- Frequency Domain Reflectometer
- Upstream Linear Distortions Measurement
- Auto Discovery of Channel Plans
- Two RF Test Ports (F-Type)
- DOCSIS 3.0 modem 8x4 (100/304 Mbps) or DOCSIS 3.1 modem (1/2.5 Gbps), dependent on RF board*
- Time-Domain Reflectometer or Electrical Service Testing (BERT and Loopback)*
- The 720 TDR includes the Zero Dead-Zone Step TDR RF Test Port (F-Type)
- The 720 DSP includes the RJ45 Electrical Ethernet & SFP Optical Ethernet Test Ports (10/100/1000 Mbps)
- RJ45 Management Port (10/100 Mbps)
- Cable Modem Thru RJ45
- 802.11 "b/g/n" 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi
- USB 2.0 Flash Drive Port