The T-BERD/MTS-6000 is a compact and lightweight test platform designed for the installation and maintenance of fiber networks. It offers field service technicians the highest levels of performance and upgradeability on the market. Modular in design, the T-BERD/MTS-6000 offers an extensive portfolio of test functionality, with over 40 different fiber modules supporting a wide range of applications, and is a single source for future fiber and photonic testing needs.
- Compact and lightweight for the field.
- Future proof with over 40 application modules already supported.
- Choose from IL/ORL, OTDR, PMD, CD, or WDM plug-in modules.
- Application modules compatible with T-BERD 8000.
- Backwards compatibility with existing MTS-5000 family OTDR modules.
- Simple for the novice, fully featured for the expert.
- Fault Locator.
- OTDR and power level testing.
- CWDM/DWDM testing.
- PMD, Spectral Attenuation Profile and Chromatic Dispersion (CD) testing.
- Insertion Loss (IL) and Optical Return Loss (ORL) testing.
- FiberComplete™ automated bi-directional OTDR, Insertion Loss and ORL testing.
- Lightweight platform: only 2.4kg/5.3 lbs.
- Large 8.4 inch transreflective TFT color display improves viewing under any conditions.
- Intuitive graphical user interface with touchscreen option.
- Extended battery life using smart Lithium ion cell.
- Connection Check with VFL, power meter, Loss Test Set/ ORL meter and video inspection scope optionsBuilt-in optical talkset option for communicating along the fiber.
- Unique automatic bi-directional analysis function available to save up to 50% test time for OTDR, IL, and ORL measurements.
- Fast data transfer via USB, Ethernet port and 1Gb extended memory option.
Instrument Care Support Plans
Save up the 50% of standard service prices and obtain priority service when you buy a bundled plan at the same time the instrument is purchased. Care Support Plans offer the best way to purchase extended warranty, premium technical support, self-paced training, and critical maintenance services like calibration services that include software and engineering change order update services to ensure your product is maintained with current software and a calibration certificate. These discounted plans are 2-5 years long when purchased upfront with your VIAVI instruments.
VIAVI Care Support
Ordering VIAVI Care Plans
To order a VIAVI Care Plan, request the following part numbers in your service plan quote from the table below. Your care plan will be sold in annual increments.
|Bronze-2||Silver-2||First 2 Years|
|Bronze-3||Silver-3||MaxCare-3||First 3 Years|
|Bronze-4||Silver-4||First 4 Years|
|Bronze-5||Silver-5||MaxCare-5||First 5 Years|
FleetCare plans can be customized to include any service entitlements
Repair and Calibration
Our products live in rugged environments for over 10 years with 1000s of test connect/disconnect cycles. We will be there to support you to ensure components that require maintenance like connectors, batteries, and software updates to ensure you are ready to test accurately for years to come. We apply factory procedures that use fast, automated calibration and functional verification, maintenance using OEM parts and the application of all engineering change orders and software updates. Services are available through contract Care plans, FleetCare or per incident as requests.
Top 4 Reasons to Choose VIAVI for Your Repair and Calibration Needs:
- Minimize business disruption
- Measurement Accuracy and Product Reliability
- Measurement Compliance, TL9000 certification and OEM Standards
Product Training Options
Self-Paced Online Training and Certification
Learn to use the functionality and features of VIAVI Solutions' products online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week followed by a certification test upon completion of all modules.
Virtual Classroom and Certification
Instructor led Coursework: Learn from an expert Instructor from the convenience of your desk. Build your skill sets using VIAVI Solutions products to test various technologies with test and certification upon completion.
On-Site Classroom and Live Lab Workshops with Certifications
Instructor led Coursework: Build expertise using your VIAVI products in live lab exercises with test and certification upon completion. Utilize optional workshop days for field test on your network with your instructor.
Mentorship Consulting & System Admin Training
Instruments: Mentorship Test Procedure Consultation: Application Engineer Days. One of our test experts will come to your site and conduct testing with your team to troubleshoot stubborn problems or write up test procedures.